Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Ford Purchase Warranty is a Joke

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Purchase Warranty is a Joke

Bought my new Truck in 2012' as well as the Warranty for $1,400.00, MISTAKE!
They don't want to honor it; hear about how this or that is not covered now. Salesman said everything was covered. I do not recommend the leaches sucker you into one. Mark
Correction; after going through paper-work, I see the Extended 7yr. / 100,000 mile Warranty was $2,200.00 with a $100 deductible

Last edited by MJD54hdMark; 11-24-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: to correct
Old 11-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MJD54hdMark
They don't want to honor it; hear about how this or that is not covered now. Salesman said everything was covered. I do not recommend the leaches sucker you into one. Mark
Was yours an actual Ford warranty, or some aftermarket warranty sold by the dealership you bought the truck from? While I personally am not a big fan of the extended service contracts, if I did buy one it would only be a plan offered directly by the manufacturer. While there are much better ways to prepare for unexpected repair costs, the one thing I will say about the factory-sponsored warranties it's that they tend to be pretty extensive in terms of what is covered by the plan.

Also, did you actually read what was covered by the warranty before you bought it? A quick read-through of these things will usually identify if there are a ton of loopholes they can jump through to deny coverage. If you believed your salesman that was probably your first mistake.....

Old 11-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Could you give more info as to what you encountered?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell me what's going on with your truck, Mark; I'd like to do what I can to help. How many miles are on it currently?

Crystal

Old 11-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Ddellwo, During the purchase, my salesman mentioned extended waranty protection, I talked with another salesman in the next booth over. He explained The 'Premium Care Pkg'. I replied, "So everything from bumper to bumper", he said "Everything except the bumpers". Going through my paperwork on this vehicle, The Plan was $2,200.00. Front end parts were replaced at 24,000 miles, worn out (made in Indonesia) & replaced with same parts. That would of been covered under Factory Warr. anyhow. The chrome that lifted on running board is not covered, they said it's considered 'road hazard'. Rear sliding pwr window defrost not always working & rear sliding window weatherstrip came out. They opposed those under warranty too until I Complained. Their solution was to re-glue 18" strip back into channel, thats all.

Last edited by MJD54hdMark; 11-24-2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: address question personally
Old 11-24-2015, 08:52 AM
BlueJay, During the purchase, my salesman mentioned extended waranty protection, I talk with another salesman in the next booth over. He explained The 'Premium Care Pkg'. I replied, "So everything from bumper to bumper", he said "Everything except the bumpers". Going through my paperwork on this vehicle, The Plan was $2,200.00. Front end parts were replaced at 24,000 miles, worn out (made in Indonesia) & replaced with same parts. That would of been covered under Factory Warr. anyhow. The chrome that lifted on running board is not covered, they said it's considered 'road hazard'. Rear sliding pwr window defrost not always working & rear sliding window weatherstrip came out. They opposed those under warranty too until I Complained. Their solution was to re-glue 18" strip back into channel, thats all.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Crystal, During the purchase, my salesman mentioned extended waranty protection, I talk with another salesman in the next booth over. He explained The 'Premium Care Pkg'. I replied, "So everything from bumper to bumper", he said "Everything except the bumpers". Going through my paperwork on this vehicle, The Plan was $2,200.00. Front end parts were replaced at 24,000 miles, worn out (made in Indonesia) & replaced with same parts. That would of been covered under Factory Warr. anyhow. The chrome that lifted on running board is not covered, they said it's considered 'road hazard'. Rear sliding pwr window defrost not always working & rear sliding window weatherstrip came out. They opposed those under warranty too until I Complained. Their solution was to re-glue 18" strip back into channel, thats all.
For $2,200, I'm disappointed, have 46k miles on vehicle now. Thanks but I don't expect a response from Ford, as in the past. Got a voicemail, got an e-mail, I responded & that was it. Mark

Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crystal, During the purchase, my salesman mentioned extended waranty protection, I talk with another salesman in the next booth over. He explained The 'Premium Care Pkg'. I replied, "So everything from bumper to bumper", he said "Everything except the bumpers". Going through my paperwork on this vehicle, The Plan was $2,200.00. Front end parts were replaced at 24,000 miles, worn out (made in Indonesia) & replaced with same parts. That would of been covered under Factory Warr. anyhow. The chrome that lifted on running board is not covered, they said it's considered 'road hazard'. Rear sliding pwr window defrost not always working & rear sliding window weatherstrip came out. They opposed those under warranty too until I Complained. Their solution was to re-glue 18" strip back into channel, thats all.
For $2,200, I'm disappointed, have 46k miles on vehicle now. Thanks but I don't expect a response from Ford, as in the past. Got a voicemail, got an e-mail, I responded & that was it. Mark
Thanks for responding, Mark. Just to clarify, are you experiencing any issues with your truck now, or have they all been addressed? I'd be happy to document your feedback about this; just send me a private message (PM) with your details. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 10-24-2018, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for responding, Mark. Just to clarify, are you experiencing any issues with your truck now, or have they all been addressed? I'd be happy to document your feedback about this; just send me a private message (PM) with your details. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal
Crystal, they did cover a small burn hole in seat for the $2,200 Warranty. Both rear wheel wells are starting to rust now, 74K miles as of )ct. 24, 2018. Dealer said 'Not covered'. I bought Ford's all my life, I think this will be my last one now. Dealership is Milnes Ford in Lapeer Mi. If you reply, I'll try to learn how to private message you with VIN, my name & phone number. Thanks, Mark

Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Mark - Crystal hasn't been on the forums for a couple of years now.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:59 AM
GLC, Ok, thank you

Quick Reply: Ford Purchase Warranty is a Joke