Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Its Official...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Its Official...

This morning I placed an order for a 2012 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4.

Dark Blue Pearl, Black interior, Plus Pkg, Off-Road Pkg, 5.0L, 20" wheels and a few other goodies.

ETA: 6-8 Weeks.

It is going to be nice to get back into a Ford Truck... I can't wait.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome to the site and welcome back to Ford. Sounds like a very nice truck.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Good choice on both the truck and this site! Welcome..

Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys! ...and thanks SETCHAN. You guys look to have a lot of great info in here so I figured I would join up.

This is actually to be the wife's new rig. I had no intention of giving up my car, but after going out and test driving / experiencing these new trucks, I am a little envious of her.

My quest began with an ad in the paper for an inexpensive GMC Sierra lease deal. I have always been a Ford guy inside but I figured since it was a lease, "who cares" as I would not be keeping it. We went and looked at / test drove a few of them and they were "ok" but I just was not sold. We stopped at the Ford dealer (who did not have an ad in the paper) I guess just hoping they could do something for us and after a test drive the GM was no longer even a consideration. Sadly, we ended up having a falling out with that dealer so we went down the road to the next one who was open arms and willing to bend over backwards for us. No rush, no pressure, and willing to accommodate our schedule best they could. They searched the nearest 300 dealers looking for exactly what we wanted but it just was not out there. (everyone is pushing the EcoBoost pretty hard) One came very close, but the wife vetoed it on account of its color. The dealer then told us he was willing to order what ever we wanted exactly as we wanted it... the wife and I just could not say no. Saturday I went down and placed my order, then Monday morning they called me back and said the order was official.

...so here I am.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT truck! Welcome!

Quick Reply: Its Official...