Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

new truck, new member !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile new truck, new member !!

Hi all,
i just learned today that my new work truck arrived
i dont have any details on it yet, other than i'm 99% sure it's white, SuperCrew, and 4x4
and probably not too many more options !

i currently drive an 07 Tacoma, so i expect it to be quite a jump in power, regardless of the engine, and truck size !!

a few questions before i go digging in more into the forums and specs sheets.

based on the few details i laid out, do you guys think i'll get a column or floor shifter? Column shifter would definitely bug me, but i understand the floor shifter might only come as an option on higher-end trims?...
what's the standard engine for a base SuperCrew, 4x4? the V6 or V8? The EcoBoost is option only, correct?
I tried looking at the Ford configurator, but it gets confusing, and no details on the shifter...
anyway, i'm sure i'll spend more time on here once i do get my truck ! i already have a Dashdaq with the Ford module ready to go in, and i'm gonna start looking a tune maybe

Thanks guys !!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 AM

(thanks mods for deleting that spam message )

Last edited by pat_08GT_Spyder; 03-29-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Welcome!
Did you win this truck in a lottery, not knowing details about it......?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by SETCHAN
Welcome!
Did you win this truck in a lottery, not knowing details about it......?

no i just told my manager i'd like a F150 SuperCrew to replace my current 2007 Tacoma. I didnt go through the spec sheet then, mostly because a) i didnt really think it would bother me much to have no-option truck, b) i dont think i would have been allowed to pick too many extras anyway (i might be good enough to pick the truck i want, but not quite enough to option it the way i want)!

i know it's white, because it's our company color for all trucks. i know it's 4x4 because that's all we get... so i deducted that it has to be an XLT at a minimum, and that's it maybe i'm in for a surprise (XTR, FX4) but i doubt it.

i'm looking forward to spending as much time on here as i do on my car's forum !

Old 03-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Sure looks like you'll end up with a Column shifter on the XLT

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site

Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM
thanks guys !

Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 AM
well, quick update !
my base V8 turned out to be a V6 Ecoboost i've put just over 600 miles on the truck so far, about half highway (1 trip) and half in town / offroad on construction sites.
I'm definitely impressed with the engine and the truck, it's a huge step up from my Tacoma in power, comfort, and interior space...
i took the front "skirt" off (from under the bumper) on day 2 as per the manual. i didnt think i'd have to remove the cheap plastic skid plates from underneath, but that mud hole took care of that for me... that was a bit of a let down... if Ford is going to install a skid plate, why not make it a real one with real screws / bolts holding it up?... oh well, it's in my box now...

overall, i'm really happy !!

Quick Reply: new truck, new member !!