Now this is a nice interior...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tooooooooo much to Vacuum if you ask me! Kid's will ruin everything! Where is Huggy Bear?

Old 05-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Huggy who???,,,,98

Old 05-29-2002, 01:48 PM
VG1
Even though I would never spend the money to do that to a rig (well, maybe if I had it to burn), that is the best looking lowrider I've ever seen. Maybe it's just because it's a ford. As far as the interior, nice work. Not my thing, but it looks a heck of a lot better than cheap yellow plastic all over everything.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:08 AM
ricey???
where's the rice? it must've become the universal term for anything not stock or accepted by the masses.
there are no stickers, wings, or plastic seats that say i can whoop yo in a race.
that truck took a ton of effort to finish. myself i don't get into dash mats but as previously stated it definitely looks like most cars in the shows now a days.
definitely high quality work from the looks of it.

Old 06-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Hummmm. . . well I'm sure he loves his truck.
I appriciate all the time, labor, money, and planing that went into this truck. Looks like he did a pretty good job also. It's just not my choice of style. But then I don't go for the sky high lifted look to much either.

As for the 20's and the bags, I preffer function over style myself and hope he trailers it. I gotta be able travel bumpy & potholed roads let alone being able to hit the railroad track crossings at or above the speed limits. I would be pissed to be stuck behind him on the road.

BTW, as for the time, $$$ and hard labor part of custom trucking, it's easy to come by when your young, just wait till you have a Wife (wanting to control cash flow), home (with all the chores, maintenance and expense) and kids (time, time and more time, good time though)

Last edited by Petrol; 06-05-2002 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Thumbs up

As long as you don't mount 35 or 40 series tires on your 20's you can go almost anywhere you want. I know several people that drive on them daily, with no problems. I'll have 50's on mine, when I get them that is Plus, with bags you can adjust your suspension to any height you want. It also rides smoother than a stock suspension, and the load capacity is increased as well. Functionality and style are getting closer to the same thing every day,,,,98

Old 06-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 98SCREAMER
As long as you don't mount 35 or 40 series tires on your 20's you can go almost anywhere you want. I know several people that drive on them daily, with no problems. I'll have 50's on mine, when I get them that is Plus, with bags you can adjust your suspension to any height you want. It also rides smoother than a stock suspension, and the load capacity is increased as well. Functionality and style are getting closer to the same thing every day,,,,98
I agree with you on not getting carried away with the low profile thing, I wouldn't go any lower then 50s on a truck.

I guess my main problem with anything other then 16s right now is the cost factor. I refuse to use off Brand tires and the cost of 20s is at least double what a great set of 16s run.

Also you need to keep in mind the load rating on the tire sidewall. If you put passanger car tires (anything other then 'LT' as in P315/50-20) on your truck or SUV that you need to DEDUCT 10% from the sidewall load rating. This is true regardless of tire brand. Don't overload your tires, especially low profile or you may end up on you lid faster then an Explorer with Firestones.

Old 06-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Smile

The tire manufacturers have that covered too There are lots of low profile, high speed, load rated truck tires available now. I have to agree on the cost of 20 inch wheels and tires, though. They're definitely not cheap by any means!!,,,,98

Old 08-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Well my buddy that started this post gave me the link to this & i checked it out & figured i'd post in my defense. all those who posted in my defense..Thanks , you guys appreciate what CUSTOM really is. and to the others...Here we go.

As far as RICEY interior....nothings painted cept' for the vents & half the console (the entire interior used to be tan)& its very easy to clean. lets see..suspension.. those bags are rated at 2600lbs apiece, so i believe i can haul more than most of you. the truck is driven daily.
the indash Tv is maily for roadtrips , distant shows & my son to view while we cruise. hmmm...as far as LOWRIDER...i dont have wire wheels , gold crap & crushed velvet interior..i guess you guys Dont read Streetrucks , SportTruck or Truckin Magazine. What else...wheels & tires. my personal preference...factory 16s jsut dont appeal to me that much. i belive it was 98screamer (or screamer98) that said its a wing west bumper? actually its a real Ford lightning bumper , grill & moutning hardware i got from the ford dealer in town..i put the front end on in nov. of 99.

if theres anything i missed just lemme know.

Old 08-02-2002, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Petrol

As for the 20's and the bags, I preffer function over style myself and hope he trailers it. I gotta be able travel bumpy & potholed roads let alone being able to hit the railroad track crossings at or above the speed limits. I would be pissed to be stuck behind him on the road.

Heres a pic of my truck aired up...as you can see i dont have much problems w/ railroad tracks & such.

Last edited by aftermath; 08-02-2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:50 PM

Old 08-02-2002, 12:52 PM
yea....thats it. Damn thats a nice lookin truck....

Old 08-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Why'd you dig this one up?? lol!! Anyway, I think most people who gripe about about bagged trucks just don't understand. Unless they are a really extreme drop, they can be lifted nearly as high as a stock 4x2. ,,,,98

Old 08-02-2002, 01:03 PM
I just wanted to see what questions arose after the owner of the the truck made his appearance. now Im here to awnser all questions & flames that are hurled this way.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:05 PM
You know it simply amazes me how many people in this website dog others vehicles. Taste is simply up to the person that owns the truck. True, we would like others to like it, but it all boils down to whether or not YOU, the owner like it. Me personally, I like it, and actually would love to learn more about the air suspension. I'm seriously considering doing the same to my truck. Just my two cents worth.

Quick Reply: Now this is a nice interior...