I found water by the seatbelts/door jamb

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I found water by the seatbelts/door jamb

I pulled up those plastic pieces that fit between the carpet and the door, and next to the seatbelt box thingy, the carpet was all moist right there, on both sides. I can't tell where i'd have a leak coming from. It doesn't smell, which means it isn't moldy yet, so i don't think it's been there too long. What should i clean it up with? I want to put something on it to keep it from getting moldy or mildewed. I thought about a little bit of bleach but i don't want to stain the carpet.

Old 04-15-2002, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water gets under the threshold on the passenger side in my truck. I would like to know the source of the water and have actually contemplated drilling a hole in the tray that holds the water there.

I'd remove the threshold, dry out that trough with a towel if there is still water there, and just let it air out with the doors open. Probably all you really can do.

Does anyone know why water gets in there ?

Old 04-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Dan, I'd suspect your rearslider. Go at it with a gardenhose (from the outside) and look for trickles down the glass.

hades, I don't know if you have a slider but, the 2000 factory slider wasn't supposed to leak anyway so, your leak may be elsewhere.

Old 04-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Lightbulb

I had the identical problem with my 2000 F150 Super Cab. First, look under the vehicle. There are some inspection holes directly under the threshold area. Mine were covered with a tape material. Some of the inspection holes were not completely covered with the tape, so I replaced the tape. There is also a hole on the topside of the threshold. Mine was covered with a spongy material and it was leaking water. I removed the spongy material and put some 3M strip calk in the hole. No more leaks.
Hope this helps!

Old 04-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by CBechtel
I had the identical problem with my 2000 F150 Super Cab. First, look under the vehicle. There are some inspection holes directly under the threshold area. Mine were covered with a tape material. Some of the inspection holes were not completely covered with the tape, so I replaced the tape. There is also a hole on the topside of the threshold. Mine was covered with a spongy material and it was leaking water. I removed the spongy material and put some 3M strip calk in the hole. No more leaks.
Hope this helps!
cool. I'll have to take a closer look today or this weekend. I just pulled up the panels so i could run my coaxial wire for my CB radio and thats when i noticed it.

Raoul, the spot i'm talking about is right next to the seatbelt return box next to the drivers and passengers seat. You think that water from the rear window could get through the window and make its way down there?

Old 04-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by DanB 360
You think that water from the rear window could get through the window and make its way down there?
No, I think CBechtel is closer to the truth. I had not heard of water getting in via anyway but the slider and did the best I could. So you can go ahead and say it, I'm a Loser.

Old 04-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck is a regular cab without a sliding window. I will slide under there and try to find these holes that should be covered with tape. Thanks for the help, I'll tell you how it goes!

Old 04-19-2002, 07:56 AM
mine has a rubber plug up towards the dash. perhaps that plug is loose?

Quick Reply: I found water by the seatbelts/door jamb