Carpet 2016 xlt supercab

Old 05-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carpet 2016 xlt supercab

Looking for advice. Moonroof was left open during a heavy rain storm.
Does anyone have a good source for oem carpet?
I have lifted carpet and used fans and heat lamps but just cant get it all.
Truck smells like a dirty pair of socks.
Hope the head liner takes care of it self.

Mike

Old 05-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
At this point, you might want to look at either your homeowners insurance (if it happened while at home), or your auto insurance.

You don't want mold and secondly, all the electronics in these new fangled trucks can be a nightmare once corrosion starts occurring.

Good luck.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:28 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have removed the carpet, no way it was going to dry. Tried a heat gun and fans but the padding just will not dry. Plus its been on off rain and not much sun. best price i found for the OEM carpet is 585.
After market is a third of that and comes shaped and molded but not fitted on the edges. The OEM carpet has a series of notches and holes on the edges to lock into the floor pan along the door . Been busy lately so I'm going to hold off on install of new and give things a good chance to air out.

Mike

Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I was going to say to get that carpet and all padding out of there. It will NEVER dry while in the vehicle and the floor will also never dry and within a few years it would rust out.

You might want to give all of the metal inside of the cab a good hosing of WD-40. It will displace the moisture and help prevent rust. I would also spray down the wiring and the electrical connectors. I'm fairly certain that you can use it on the interior plastics without harm but I would avoid getting it on leather or fabric.

Before putting in new carpet you need to go all over that floor, seat frames, etc and look for ANY signs of rust or of cracks in the paint that might have let water get under the paint and fix them >>> PROPERLY. If you don't, your floor may be rotted out within a few years. Pull off all of the lower interior panels and check inside of them too.

I think Manual is right, I think you may have to spend a lot of money to fix this properly and it might be time to give your insurance agent a call.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:57 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Aluminum won't rot out. You may get pitting, but not rot like you would with steel.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
My bad. I forgot that they're now made of aluminium.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:41 AM
No big deal. Rot is not a problem with these body’s. They fold up like a TV dinner when they get hit though.
i like they idea of wiping down with wd40. The Oder has been gone for a few days now. Need to order the carpet. Going to get the Ford oem so it fits in without to much work.
Thanks for the comments.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carpet 2016 xlt supercab