Leather seat needs mending

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leather seat needs mending

I have a tear in the lumbar area of the driver's seat. I went to a local guy that I know and he said he couldn't match the leather and the cost would be high. He recommended a local guy that does tear repairs. He did a good job but the repair cracked open this weekend. I want to save the interior if I can. Any advice on how I should handle this repair. Thanks.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 PM
If the repair that the guy mended opened up then you should take it back to him and have him fix it. Was their any kind of warranty on the repair?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:43 PM
He said he would come back. I just want to make sure that the process he is using is the best method. He filled the tear with a vinyl patch material and then sanded and painted the area to match. I'm worried that it will just keep splitting open. I think it needs a piece of material put behind the tear to hold things together. I suspect that will leave a bulge so that may be why it was not done already. The interior was in great shape until the tear appeared. I'm almost positive it was a mechanic at the Ford dealership I took it to for service that caused the tear. I did not discover it until the next day. My daughter had driven the truck since I picked it up from the dealer. She never puts anything in her back pocket. I don't know why the even put pockets on "skinny jeans". She assured me that it was not her. I do not want to blame anyone unless I can prove it. The dealer just gave me the name of someone that might be able to repair it. Too far away to consider. I'll call the local guy back.

Quick Reply: Leather seat needs mending