Cleaning/covering the smell of..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning/covering the smell of..

Anyone have any helful tips to clean away the smell of vomit from a trucks interior? Seems my fiance' was a little overzealous with the start of college football yesterday and could not hold it until we got home last night. She got some of it out the window and down the side of the truck, but some went down the door panel. I spent three hours this morning taking off the door panel and scrubbing it, had to remove the power door lock and window switches, i think i got it all out of the nooks and crannies... but a bit of the smell still lingers...
any hope i can remove the smell from the truck as i wish i could remove the sight from my memory?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Get some enzyme odor remover from a pet store, put it in a spray bottle if it doesn't come that way, and then heavily mist the complete area and let it soak in to the nooks and crannies. Let it dry out, don't wipe it up. It has to contact every piece causing the smell to get it to stop. Will take about 2 days to work. If it still smells after that, you missed something, try again.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow!! Thanks! Will it affect the finish of the door panel at all?

Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 AM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
You can try Odo-Ban. It's only sold at Walmart.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:29 AM
My son lost his lunch on vacation in my wife's Trailblazer. First I used some oxy clean and then sprayed down everything with febreze. The smell seemed OK with the windows down, but with them up the smell was horrible. I purchased some packages of dry pomegranate poupuree(spelling ?), It covered the smell up for the most part but you could still tell that there was something that was being covered up. When we made it home a week later my wife put a half a cup of vinegar in a cup in a cup holder. She left it there for about a day and a half then removed the poupuree and vinegar and the smell was gone. It"s been about a month and a half and there isn't any smell at all. The vinegar smell was bad while it was in there, and I told her that she was crazy for trying it, but I had to eat my words because it really worked. I know it sounds too simple, but give it a try. I tried the o-do-ban in a different vehicle when a dog had an accident on the way home from having surgery and it didn't work. Luckily that vehicle got totaled, it was a blessing in disguise. Good Luck.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks. I disassebled the door panel one more time and found a few more "treats" i had missed the first two times. Sprayed some more enzyme killer, and it was better. Right now i have baking soda sprinkled on the carpet and some in the door panel that seems to be doing the trick. I'll add some more baking soda tonight and that should do it, but if not, i'll try the vinegar trick next. Thanks guys!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:22 AM
I was just gonna say baking soda. If you can get a hold of a Bissell (or other brand) steam carpet cleaner with hand attachments, I'd highly recommend it. Use a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar in the cleaner to help disinfect and eliminate odor.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Pics, or no ralph

Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
although you have to be carefull as to what you apply it to, alcohol is what is used in most pet deodorizors.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM

I'm glad I found this thread. I was a dumb @$$ this morning and accidently dumped 24 oz. of hot milk, espresso and sugar syrup all over my floorboard on the driver's side! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I ran to the car wash and used their shampoo machine & vacuum, but I didn't get it all I'm taking it in to get detailed on Thursday, so hopefully that helps for the most part. I can't dump baking soda in there because I have a black interior and don't want to try and get it back out. If you can still smell it after the detailing, maybe I'll try the vinegar trick.

Any other ideas for my specific issue? God, I hope it doesn't smell like sour milk in there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck! Non-spill cups for this girl from now on! Anyone have a sippy cup I can borrow for my morning coffee? lol

Old 09-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by timcole421
Pics, or no ralph
Lol.. i actually thought of taking pics at the time to show her what she did to my truck...
After all that work, i have fianlly eradicated the horrid smell from the truck.. not even a hint of the "smell". I still have a few dry sheets in the door panel pocket, just in case. But the baking soda seemed to do the job.

Good luck, f150chick11... soured hot milk sure can't be that much of a treat either.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by f150chick11
I'm glad I found this thread. I was a dumb @$$ this morning and accidently dumped 24 oz. of hot milk, espresso and sugar syrup all over my floorboard on the driver's side! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I ran to the car wash and used their shampoo machine & vacuum, but I didn't get it all I'm taking it in to get detailed on Thursday, so hopefully that helps for the most part. I can't dump baking soda in there because I have a black interior and don't want to try and get it back out. If you can still smell it after the detailing, maybe I'll try the vinegar trick.

Any other ideas for my specific issue? God, I hope it doesn't smell like sour milk in there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck! Non-spill cups for this girl from now on! Anyone have a sippy cup I can borrow for my morning coffee? lol
I had one of the youngens spill milk in my last truck. It was BAD smelling! I just broke out the shampooer and got to work. Smell went away.

Quick Reply: Cleaning/covering the smell of..