Du-Ha w/ Sub & Remote Window Operation

Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Du-Ha w/ Sub & Remote Window Operation

Interestingly, I have two of the weirdest desires for my new-to-me baby! I have obviously searched and come up with some pieces here and there, but nothing to fully satisfy me.

1 - I want an underseat storage much like the Du-Ha system. The problem is that I have the Audiophile system that includes the sub under the rear seat, and yes I want to keep it. Only the Du-Ha has the ability to accomodate the sub (if I buy the extra $60 add on). It doesnt look like it takes up that much space, but I cant really tell. Anyone here installed this whole setup? Did you relocate the sub? How much space does it take up?

2 - I want to remotely control my windows. Down here in Fla, you can drop the interior temps a lot by letting out that hot air. Also, I want to be able to leave the windows open, but be able to close them should one of those infamous Fla showers randomly materializes. So I know that I would need the Viper alarm and the 530T module per each set of windows I would like to remotely control. My weird setup ideally would have two modules, one controlling the front two windows, and the other controlling the Vent function of the sunroof and the rear sliding window. And I want to be able to control the sunroof and back window INDEPENDENTLY of the front two windows. I am not sure of the complexity of this setup, but I am looking for anyone who has done similar and anyone who knows what all I will need. I dont want remote start, or towing sensors, or any of the super-paranoid...er, I mean the super-**** features of the high end Viper alarms, but having an extra channel for the possibility of adding a solenoid for the tailgate would be nice. And how hard is this to wire myself? I talked to a local dealer/installer, and he wanted $250 for the alarm and $150 per 530T module installed. Obviously, I can get the module for cheaper, but is that a good OTD price?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
So I got a good deal on a DU-Ha for my truck and it should be on its way. But I started to do more research on the Subwoofer enclosure and wondered if its cheaper to get one custom-made to fit inside of the DU-Ha bin instead of buying theirs? Theirs looks like it takes up the whole left side of the storage bin, and that isnt ideal. Maybe I can get a local place to make me one that is more compact and sits closer to the middle. Any thoughts?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
if you have already ordered it then wait for it to come in and see how you like it... if it takes up to much room or doesn't fit you needs then send it back and go to a custom stereo shop and have them build a nice small box for you to save some room.. of if you have enough money you could take the factory sub out and get a small custom one that would probably be better to put in the du-ha... but if you ordered the stuff already wait for it to come and then go from there if you like it then that works if not then send it back and get someone to build you a custom one

Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I havent ordered the Sub replacement box...just the Du-Ha bin. So once I get it, I will look at how big it looks in the picture and see if it does take up half of the bin. The more I look at it, the more it looks like it does take up a lot of room.

So, maybe this ventures into electronics/stereo territory, but does the enclosure have to be soo big? Cant it be made just big enough to just cover the sub or does that effect performance?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah the size of the box does make a difference in the performace of the the speaker that is why alot of people like the big boxes cause they push more air and make it sound better... but if you look at newer subs at the high tech places they have some pretty small and thin subs that work great for trucks and they don't need a big box

Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Darn. Decisions....decisions...

I definitely want some sort of performance but not at the expense of too much valuable space (I will sacrifice some). I will have to ask Du-Ha what the measurements of their enclosure are so I can get a better idea.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
yeah that will work also, i use to have a du-ha and loved it but then decided to put to
10" and a amp under there so i had to sell it

Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM
My Du-Ha storage unit will be here tomorrow and I am excited! But I still havent decided on the subwoofer replacement solution. I got the measurements from Du-Ha (they actually put it up on the website due to my inquiry) regarding their subwoofer replacement box and its not as big as it looks. Du-Ha claims 16" L x 8" W x 5" H. That isnt too bad,a and only takes up the space of one position. To contrast, the Audiophile box is 31" L x 10" W x 6.5" H.

Now, my concern is the volume difference between the original Audiophile box and the Du-Ha box...doesnt the amount of air affect the bass performance? The Audiophile box also has the speaker and amp totally enclosed, but does that really make up the difference in volume (2015 cubic inches vs 640 cubic inches)? The Du-Ha gives up over 3x as much volume! So, me making a smaller custom box is almost out of the question if I wanted some bass performance (I'm not trying to win awards or scare my neighbors...just feel a good thump whenever I get the urge). But then my brother-in-law told me that you can port boxes and that helps. How much does it help?

Any insight into my questions would be helpful.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Installed Du-Ha

I received and installed the Du-Ha storage unit and I currently have my sub just unplugged and sitting in the truck.

The storage unit is a great addition, even if I thought it would hold more. I currently have my 4 gauge jumper cables, jack, tarp, bungee cables, tie down straps, and mini toolbox in there. That is all that its going to store I think. I am hoping to add a tow strap and a tow hitch (and accessories) to the mix, but that might be pushing it.

Pic with it freshly installed...

Pic with the jack (and assorted items) placed in the middle...

Pic with most of my stuff in...

Now that I have my Du-Ha already filled, I was thinking about other places to put the subwoofer, and I think that I need to explore the center console more. I was reading where someone on these forums mounted a 12" sub, but I am not into all of that. I want to keep the vents and power outlet and have enough volume for a ported box. But that is probably a project for the not-so-near future. If only I can run the cable out far enough to plug the sub in while it lays on the back floor.

Last edited by djjr50; 08-24-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added updated pic with toolbox
Old 04-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I know this is a very old thread.. did you end up getting the DuHa sub box? I just bought a used DuHa storage box and ordered the sub-box but will not be here till next week, the sub-box is smaller so wondering how the bass will be.. I need the extra storage under the seat!

Old 04-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by bans25
I know this is a very old thread.. did you end up getting the DuHa sub box? I just bought a used DuHa storage box and ordered the sub-box but will not be here till next week, the sub-box is smaller so wondering how the bass will be.. I need the extra storage under the seat!

I have a new to me 2013 and would love to see some pictures. Trying to solve the storage issue as well.

Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Du-Ha w/ Sub & Remote Window Operation