Synthetic leather or Neoprene seat covers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Synthetic leather or Neoprene seat covers???

I'm in the market and they seem to price out about the same, sorry can't afford real leather rigth now. I have the basic auto prats store covers right now and they are worn out and tearing. Does anyone have feedback on synthetic leather vs neoprene?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Suspended
I have Wet Okole seat covers- second set (different vehicle on the first set).

They look awesome, and are easy to maintain. They also add a substantial amount of padding so they are very comfortable.

Downside? They cause you to sweat as they do not breath on hot days or prolonged drives. I also get a ridiculously massive static shock 100% of the time when I exit my car- pretty sure it has something to do with the seat covers because other cars don't do that to me.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah those Wet Okoles look to be the best neoprene on the market. I also like the Coverking, they are a little cheaper. I've been researching and I can't decide quite yet. I'm not thrilled about the sweating part being in South Florida but I'm sure the synthetic leather makes you sweat just as bad. Either one will be better than dirty water stained cloth, thanks Ford!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Synthetic leather here. Very easy to maintain, and it looks good!

If my gallery was working, you'd be able to see some pics

Old 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Biteyahard
I'm in the market and they seem to price out about the same, sorry can't afford real leather rigth now. I have the basic auto prats store covers right now and they are worn out and tearing. Does anyone have feedback on synthetic leather vs neoprene?
I finally redid my gallery, so if you want to see some fake leather covers, they're in there.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM
I took advantage of a nice coupon I had for JCWhitney and picked up the Coverking neoprene. I kninda wish I had paid the extra for the Wet Okole but could not really afford them since they were $200+ more than the Coverking. The only negative feedback I got on the coverking version is that the velcro makes noise. Either way the cloth had to be covered.....

If anyone needs that JCWhitney coupon let me know, save $40 on $200+

Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
I finally redid my gallery, so if you want to see some fake leather covers, they're in there.
They look very nice, what brand are they and where did you get them, and how much?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Biteyahard
They look very nice, what brand are they and where did you get them, and how much?
IGGEE, eBay, just under $300 shipped

Oh, and thanks!

Quick Reply: Synthetic leather or Neoprene seat covers???