Tan interior issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tan interior issue

I have the tan leather interior in both my new F150 and my Mustang. The leather seats seem fairly easy to clean, but because of the color they need cleaned a lot. The issue is with the tan carpeting and floor mats. It seems the carpet and mats stain and discolor very easy. I mean I would have to vacume and shampoo dailey to keep them looking good. I think I might buy some clear vinyl mats to go over the carpet mats. But is there any kind of stain treatment I can use to help with this situation?

Thanks, Rick

Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure if they make them for the stand but you can buy husky liners for your trucks in tan and they basically cover the entire floor.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...=112&year=2006

just do a google search and you should be able to find loads of them. There are a few companies out there that make the molded liners. hope this helps a little.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Lightbulb

You could always try Scotch Gard or something similar; usually best to test a hidden area first to see if it causes any discoloration. Cheap vinyl mats may help some but in bad weather all the crud will just run off the edge onto the carpet.
Some other options would be:
1. Use rubber mats or any system that helps contain messes.
and/or
2. Put a piece of cheap auto carpet over your good stuff.
and/or
3. Remove the good mats before adding anything and save them for special occaissions.

Be careful though when adding additional layers of materials to the floor. Some materials may move/slip if they don't have the any of the pointed grips on the bottom to keep it in place on the carpet.
For cleaning, I've had good luck with Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner for my cloth seats and the carpet. I get it at Wal-Mart.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
This is what I have in my truck and I love'em.

FRONT LINER

REAR LINER

These are rubber floor liners that cover your entire carpet across the front and back. I can't remember what I paid for them, but they have been worth every penny since I have three kids that ride in my truck. They stay securely in place, no slippin and no slidin. Got them from autoanything.com

Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys, there are good ideas here. I am going to try some good clear vinyl mats. I bought some cheapo ones, just to see how they work. But they slip around too much. I think I found some good ones at a parts store today, with good grips on the back. I might try the scotch guard also, because it just seems to me that the carpets just stain way too easy.

It never fails that I park somewhere and step right into some gooey gunk, and track into my rides.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Protectant

Scotchguard makes a product specifically for vehicles. I've used it on the carpet in the 05 Mustang GT and on the seats in the 06 F150 STX Limited Ed. The light gray interior seats on the F150 stain if you look at them. Even clean water stains them. After about a week of this, I cleaned them very closely and carefully, then when dry used the Scotchguard. Now if you spill even water, the bubbles wipe right off with no stain. The same is true with the 'Stang carpet. The issue to remember is this -- the driver's seat gets used most, and Scotchguard does wear off. Needs regular retreatment on high traffic areas. Otherwise, works great. The 'Stang was purchased Oct 04, and still l00ks and smells "new". No stains ... easy to keep clean ... try it.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:38 PM
I've shampooed my interior a number of times due to the same issues. I'm going to buy the catch alls one of these days.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
I've shampooed my interior a number of times due to the same issues. I'm going to buy the catch alls one of these days.
Catch all is what I got.They look and fit good.I also have tan interior.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Suspended
My buddy owns his own business that installs and cleans carpets and he cleaned and treated my tan carpet mats once and now they don't seem to get as dirty as fast. Plus, I can clean them with just a hose and brush, no other chemicals.

He also warned (and I had heard this as well) that you shouldn't wash your mats with most normal soaps because the soap leaves trace amounts of chemical in the carpet that actually helps the dirt bond to it in the future...getting it dirty even quicker!

So, although I am not a whole lot of help as I do not know what chemicals he used, they do exist...try google?

Quick Reply: Tan interior issue