behind passenger airbag

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought Raoul's truck. Since it didn't have any safety equipment, I thought that the rear-view mirror might hurt if I ever hit anything, so I took it out. Since the stereo is so loud, I couldn't hear the turn indicators, so out they went -- especially since the lever might hurt my leg in a crash.

By taking that spare tire out, I bet I'm saving a lot in gas -- especially since I can now lift up an old Pinto gas tank under the rear with that cable.

Never mind those bumps anymore, since the truck runs real smooth on those Firestone take-off's -- especially when I run them at a nice soft 20 PSI.

Adding those extra bright off-road lights has really kept traffic away -- people must like them -- the lady and all her kids were waving and smiling at me just before they rolled over near that intersection.

Since those catalytic converters cost so much, I'm trying to sell them to the guy at the body shop that bought the air-bags. He thinks he can paint over those turn-signal lenses (since I don't need them anymore) to match the paint -- which is going to be camouflage -- so I can blend in with my buddies at the lodge.

I hear that the pickups for the Antilock brakes work just great on a Gibson -- and my friend 'lucky' will get them as soon as he gets out of the hospital from my last roll-over (didn't hurt the tires much, but the 6" lift kit is a bit tipped towards Nashville now).

My radar detector left a nice imprint of some kind of a snake on my forehead -- but now I don't have to worry about how to get that double-sided mounting tape off -- cuz the ambulance attendant used some alcohol on it. Good thing there was some there in my truck real handy.

Those darned "D" loops in the front really worked great -- the wrecker driver said that without them we'd still be trying to hook it out of the river.

I gotta tell you, there's nothing to the fear of getting into an accident by using the cellphone -- heck, I was on my CB when it happened -- my girlfriend was in the car behind me calling me -- and I could hear it ringing somewhere under the seat -- but I couldn't reach it without spilling my beer.

Well, I just wanted to say that everything is fine -- and I'll have that truck on the road in a jiffy -- as soon as the paint on the plates dry.

Later,

Lucky

Old 12-05-2000, 04:23 AM
ha ha ha ha ha.
Personally I like the idea of a wet bar, cause then I can get the chicks in the hot tub(mounted in the bed) drunk. i love slamming on the brakes with the rear slider open. Get a nice refreshing shower.Might have to fab up some "rope belts" for the chicks in the hot tub though. Last time I got my shower from the slamming on the brakes,one of the girls launched over my truck and hit the cop car in front of me. He was all pissed about the dent on his trunk. He said his radar clocked her a 35mph in a 20mph zone and gave her a ticket for speeding.He told her if he sees her pulling that stunt again he is gonna nail her for wreckless endangerment.She looks real good now too(with all of her front teeth gone from the denting of the cop car). I also need to rig up a sump pump for the cab ,getting tired of losing all the water from the hot tub when I open my doors after I slam my brakes on.Not to metion how much my water bill is from refillin the tub.

[This message has been edited by lightningcrashz (edited 12-05-2000).]

Old 12-05-2000, 05:34 AM
oops

[This message has been edited by lightningcrashz (edited 12-05-2000).]

Old 12-06-2000, 12:21 AM
u know what...all of you are stupid *** idiots...so what if the airbags were taken out of my ****ing truck..i don't give a ****...i ALWAYS wear my seatbelt..which are tons safer than an air bag...its not like i'm taking out functioning air bags to fit other gadgets in there..instead of putting new airbags in there..i'll just put a customized lcd and mp3 computer for my truck...so what if my passenger dies...at least i can hear millions of mp3s without the hassle of cd's. so there..**** off all you haterz

Old 12-06-2000, 12:57 AM
geeze lighten up a little,we were all just playin.If you want to put a computer in the space the airbag was, then by all means do it.

On another note, yes seat belts are a good measure of protection when you are in an accident. so are the airbags my auto insurance company(State Farm) gives me a discount for having my air bags.The airbags are meant to work in conjunction with the seatbelts for the best pesonal safety possible when a wreck happens.Heck, some auto manufacturers are even putin airbags in the doors now.Do you think they would be doing this if they didn't lessen the chance of injury.Enough about airbags

By the way, my passenger side air bag has never been turned on.(airbags are not safe for small children)

Old 12-06-2000, 10:51 AM
Alright, that's enough, this isn't funny anymore. Who planted the virus that's causing all the new members to fly into a rage?

Pinto gas tank (giggle) ... I love it!

[This message has been edited by Indyfan (edited 12-06-2000).]

Old 12-06-2000, 11:21 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

I was thinking,
'thin skinned and no air bag...a disaster waiting to happen'

Old 12-07-2000, 12:43 AM
Eeuuw! Messy.

Old 12-08-2000, 02:41 PM
Lightbulb

Ya know, if the guy has a truck without the airbag, why is he asking us about it?? Why the heck doesn't he just cut the darned thing open? If it's too small for a computer, he can always put something else in the hole. Maybe something like a pad of indemnification documents and a pen?

Old 12-08-2000, 03:12 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

I love to laugh, that's why I love you guys.

Merry Christmas, nfgrulez!

Old 12-08-2000, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Feliz Navidad! Y'all,,,,98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Euro style tail lights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
[b]Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good]
Viper 500HF Security system.
On the way/wheels,tires,air dam, etc..etc.......
doin the monochromatic boogie
on the front end.Billet grilles on order
Still want to lift it,YESSS!
Come see my new picturesat www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Old 12-09-2000, 12:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have also noticed that the new members
are somewhat irate when joked with.
Could it be because the 97's are hitting the used market,and now younger(and in my experience,ruder)buyers can now afford them more easily? I think so.........
Who the hell wants to drive a purposely
unsafe vehicle in the first place!! If it's a show truck,fine! But he says that he plans to drive it. Hopefully this "player"
will go the way of LoCoX Lightning,LOL,,98

Nfgrulez,your not gaining any new friends,
or support on this site the way things are going. So a few people disagreed with you about an unsafe mod you plan to perform. Your going to start calling names without even considering someone elses views on the subject?
Why did you post the topic,then? That is why 98% of us are here. Some of us have
a sarcastic sense of humor,but most are willing to help. No offense to you other guys,I enjoyed the jokes. Just trying to lighten things up a bit.

Tha ain't no playa haterz here,LMAO,,,98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Euro style tail lights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
[b]Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good]
Viper 500HF Security system.
On the way/wheels,tires,air dam, etc..etc.......
doin the monochromatic boogie
on the front end.Billet grilles on order
Still want to lift it,YESSS!
Come see my new picturesat www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Old 12-11-2000, 05:59 PM
okay...i wasn't really mad when i replied with the bad words and such..i'm just a high school kid with no life who had his parents buy him a truck, that was in an accident...so its my first vehicle and its not in the safest condition but at least it works, and i do drive as safe as i can..i'm not a reckless driver and the reason i asked becuase its not MY truck..its my dads, and i was wondering if anyone knew if the cover could be taken off and put on again cuz if i just rip off the cover and nothing fits in their..it'll be my ***...okay...you can just keep on making fun of my truck.its all good.

Old 12-11-2000, 08:04 PM
nfgrulez.
Let's try this again. Your last post was a little confusing 'cause you said "a kid ... who had his parents buy him a truck" and then said "it's not my truck ... it's my dad's." So, I'm going to assume it's your dad's truck and he let's you drive it.
I think one of the answers you're looking for is: NO you can't cut open the dash and put it back together again unless you're really good with glue and your dad is legally blind. Why don't you take out the glove compartment and take a look from underneath? It'll be less destructive and you can always put the thing back together again without getting busted.

Old 12-12-2000, 01:02 AM
Looking up from the glove box area does seem like the easiest way to do it.Good luck

Quick Reply: behind passenger airbag