Size of Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2000, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claudia,

Good for you! Another victory for the little guy! I'm glad everything worked out well for you! Now you can truely enjoy your new truck!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, Superchips Flip Chip, and the Original F150online Decal...

What more is there!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-06-2000, 11:43 AM
Talking

PaulT: it gets even better: I still have the Explorer mats too!! Since the ones the dealer gave me yesterday are only for the front, now I can use the 4 Explorer mats in the back and have GREAT coverage! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!

Now, if I can just get them to give me a copy of the window sticker... (See other posts on that under General Forum)

------------------
2000 F150 XLT S/C, V6, 5 Speed (Is there any other way?!) Power everything, CD, Capt chrs, 3.55 axle, yadda yadda yadda...

Old 02-06-2000, 01:38 PM
4byFour: This may sound funny, but have you tried to clean the carpet with Peroxide and a cottonball/nail brush? It may be too late for that, but Peroxide gets all sorts of things clean!

Old 02-07-2000, 12:42 AM
Thumbs down

Since we are talking about mats here.

Did you see some sort of mat that covered the side carpeted area near the seat beside the door? I live in quebec and the amount of snow + road salt that stays on my boots melts and ends up next to the scuff guard.

Now my carpet is all stained there and will cost me 100 bucks to get it cleaned.

Also do you know how the plastic scuff guard. carpet, floor come together? What I mean is could I end up having a rust problem? If all that saltwater drips into a floor pan, I will end up with a hole later on.

I try to be careful, but when in a hurry (you know how it is). And I bought some rubber mats that can keep up to two cups of water, but they aren't wide enough to cover both the gas pedal and the side near the door.

http://www.eph1fifty.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by 4byFord (edited 02-13-2000).]

Old 02-20-2000, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the input Claudia, but I will stick to having a pro clean it. I'm worried about discoloration. I will make a rubber mat that fits around those carpeted areas, for next winter. I will buy a piece of rubber 1/4" thick and will cut it out to fit my truck nicely.

Old 02-21-2000, 09:39 AM
54RegCab,

I'm not sure where you are getting you towing figures from for the manual transmission. My 2000 with a 4.6 and 5 spd manual is rated at 6800lbs with the towing package. Just want everybody to know that I don't think the tranny is as weak as everybody assumes.

------------------
Y2K F150 SC 4wd
Trition 4.6, 5 sp manual
Tow Package, Factory CD
No mods yet!

Quick Reply: Size of Floor Mats