Size of Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2000, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Size of Floor Mats

Hello again... You guys are SO doggone helpful here!! Thanks!

Anyway, I have been having a prob getting my floor mats from the dealer. Today, he gave me some out of an Expedition or an Explorer (I think it was an Expedition but the sticker on the mats said Explorer, whatever) It was a manager that was helping me, and he said that they are the same size as what goes into my XLT. It seems that there is about an inch or two on each side of the mats that is not covering my floor. Is this normal? NONE of the F150's on the lot have mats in them, so I have no way of judging...

------------------
2000 F150 XLT S/C, V6, 5 Speed (Is there any other way?!) Power everything, CD, Capt chrs, 3.55 axle, yadda yadda yadda...

Old 01-28-2000, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I haven't noticed about the size of mine.
In 99 floor mats came standard on XLT.
I do notice sand gets under them easily.
Does the little peg near the seat go through the drivers side mat?
If it does you have the right ones.
If you want better protestion many aftermarket companies offer extra large floor mats.
BTW I hope you aren't saying V6 is the only way to go.
5.4L is the best way to go IMHO and if you look in the engines section you will see most ppl agree.
If you were refering to manual being the only way to go, I would agree if they beefed it up enough to put it behind the 5.4L.
If I had a V6 I would definetely get the manual.
Most of my previous vehicles were manual and I miss shifting sometimes.
Proformance is actually pretty good with manual, I don't know about auto cause i have never driven one.
It's sad they don't put a stronger manual in them.
They are only rated for like 2000lbs which is weak for a full size truck, my Honda minivan will pull 3,500lbs and it's a 1.6L 4cyl.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Jensen 50x2 RMS for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
regcab54@sc.rr.com

Old 01-28-2000, 08:37 AM
Claudia

I don't know why they don't come standard.
My 99 XLT came with them too, but they were listed as a $30.00 option on my sticker. I would go to the parts department and order some, they should run about $30.00
I think she was talking about a 5 speed is the only way to go
Welcome to F150 online
Where r u from, says you wish you were back in Calif ?

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bassani Cat Back, Superchip,Modified intake with modified K&N filter.

Old 01-28-2000, 04:21 PM
Talking

Yes, 5 speed is the only way to go!! And v6 vs v8 was only about 22-25 more horses, so hubby and I took what was avail. Do you know how HARD it is to find a STICK v8 XLT s/c with auto windows and door locks???

Anyway, the dealer and I fought tooth & nail about whether the mats were stock or not. All of the brochures I looked at say they are std on xlt's and lariats. So, for a month and a 1/2 now, we have been "waiting" on them to arrive. (I find it hard to believe that a dealer has to wait this long, and doesn't have ANY in stock.)

Yes, the "peg" goes in the hole, but I said the mats seemed too small. I guess I should have said "Too small in width". They are long enough, just not wide enough for my taste.

Manual trannies have saved me out of too many accidents... 5 speed is the only way to go!

Currently, I am in Louisiana, and HATING it. At least Mardi Gras is coming up!

------------------
2000 F150 XLT S/C, V6, 5 Speed (Is there any other way?!) Power everything, CD, Capt chrs, 3.55 axle, yadda yadda yadda...

[This message has been edited by Claudia (edited 01-28-2000).]

Old 01-28-2000, 05:55 PM
Claudia
If you lived in Boston, you would not want a 5 speed, too much traffic. I do like standard transmissions, but with all the stop and go traffic, forget it. Plus now that I am getting older, and lazzier, a Automatic is the way for me.

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bassani Cat Back, Superchip,Modified intake with modified K&N filter.

Old 01-28-2000, 06:56 PM
Thumbs up

I checked my mats on the way to work today.
They are full width.
Yeah I wanted a 5speed V8 too but they are 1 in 1000 on the lot.
You pretty much have to order them that way.
The HP is only a little more but the difference is in torque.
345lbs for 5.4L
If I remember correctly the V6 is in the low 200s
The 5speed does a good job of making up for the V6s low torque though
You can really tell the difference in 4cyl cars/trucks between 5speed and Auto.

Old 01-28-2000, 09:20 PM
Cool

DON C: I lived in FL and Orange/Riverside counties of CA, and now doggone New Orleans, and I woulndn't trade my stickshift for all the $$ in the world... I HATE autos. I have driven a stick for so long, I keep putting my left foot thru the floorboard on autos!! LOL

------------------

Old 01-28-2000, 09:24 PM
Red face

54 REG CAB: I guess I'll be buying some doggone aftermarket ones then.... I am so sick of dealing with the dealer. They are 86 miles away from me! GRRRR!

I do have one thing though: the old "Customer Satisfaction Survey"... hehehehehhehehee

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

------------------

Old 01-28-2000, 10:18 PM
Angry

Yes it is sad when factory floormats want do the job they are supposed to do. Just go to of all places a sporting catlog to get some good ones such as Cabela's. They cost around fifty bucks and do a great job!

Old 01-30-2000, 11:47 AM
Lightbulb

I remember seeing some on Ebay a while back.
I'm sure the auction is over by now but maybe someone else is selling some.

Old 01-30-2000, 01:22 PM
Claudia,

The floor mats DO come standard on the 2000 XLT and Lariat models! And, they are F-150 size mats, not explorer size mats! I would return those to the dealership and demand to speak with the Regional Customer Service Representitive! I had a 2000 on order before finding mine on a lot at a price too good to pass up, and the floor mats were listed on the invoice as a no charge option! If they don't have any in the trucks on the lot (which I don't beleive as they are standard) then tell them to special order the correct mats for your truck through the parts department! Don't let them walk all over you! Fight them on this or your setting a presedent for any future dealings with them!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
More to come!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

[This message has been edited by PaulT (edited 01-30-2000).]

Old 02-05-2000, 08:12 AM
Claudia-

When you go to the dealer for your mats, pick up the fold out for the 2000 F-150 F-Series and show them on the right side when you open it. Under F-150 Features and Options, the second section in Interior Features shows Floormats, carpeted, color-keyed as Standard Equipment for the XLT. Then ask him to explain to you where your mats are.

Remember dealers are NOT your friends....

Old 02-05-2000, 09:31 AM
Arrow

My mats came with my Lariat, Unfortunitly they are about an inch short width wise (at the top) Plan on purchasing a set of Catch all floor mats for winter use.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, Flareside, Black, SC, 4x4, 5.4L, 3.55, Garmin Street Pilot Color GPS

Old 02-05-2000, 10:36 AM
Cool

Hello! I finally am getting some service. I went to another dealer,and verified the size of floormats. Since the dealer that sold me the truck gave me a "we owe" slip, it doesn't matter if floormats are std or not, I AM GETTING THEM! AND THE RIGHT ONES TOO! I went to the general manager and told him about it, because I have been waiting over a month now! They came in last nite, and I'm on my way to get them when I hit send on this msg! Whoo hoo! (Bad part is the dealer is 86 miles one way! )

------------------

[This message has been edited by Claudia (edited 02-05-2000).]

Old 02-05-2000, 03:19 PM
Thumbs up

Claudia: I too got free-be floor mats with my SD. They really could have kept them, the ones for the rear are a joke!! Also, I just sold a 97 5speed V8 SC Flareside XLT with ALL the mods left on it!!! It was/is a wonderfull truck!! When you go to the dealer again, see if they have any manual F250's to test drive. You "will" be surprised!!

54regcab: please don't forget that the Manual DOES come standard on the 5.4 engine on the F250!!! And yes it is "beefy"

------------------
2000 F250 Crew Cab 4x2 6 speed Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, mud flaps
Trailer tow Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards
rear privacy glass, 265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip

Quick Reply: Size of Floor Mats