change s'crew driver's seat to rc/supercab seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question change s'crew driver's seat to rc/supercab seat?

I did some research and found that there are a million opinions about what all seats are comfortable and which ones aren't. I find that the front driver's side seat from the regularcab/supercab (03, 04heritage) is much more comfortable than the 03 Supercrew seat because of a severe back problem and the fact that the regular/supercab ones have a hard metal plate supporting the bottom of the seat while the supercrew only has wires and springs supporting it. I am hoping to buy a used 03 supercrew soon and wondering two things that perhaps an expert here can speak to.

First - If I wasn't concerned with a power seat, are the holes on the floor to mount the seats tracks in the same place on the different models? That is, would it really be just as simple as finding someone who has an extra front seat from a regular/supercab (or buying one new or whatever) and replacing it in the supercrew? no drilling, no welding, etc?

Second - If I was going to get a power seat, if i bought a supercrew with the power seat already in place, could the power part be used to mount the other seat or would i need the one specifically from the regular/supercab? I know the ***** are different on the sides of the seats, but I can't tell if the actual motors/tracks are different between the two types.

If anyone has such a spare seat to sell let me know. I suppose junkyards would have a few of them(I guess I'd have two seatbelts then since the rc/supercabs have it mounted to the seat itself, but i really don't care about the asthetics, just the pain in my back!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have access to seats

I can't say if the seats will fit, but I do have access to a 60-40 set in (brand new, never installed) in gray.

Let me know if you want them.

Quick Reply: change s'crew driver's seat to rc/supercab seat?