Odd 2013 F150 Map Light Issue

Illumination & Lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 12-30-2018, 12:26 PM

Hey all

Have a 2013 F150XLT and recently noticed that one of the two map lights does not come on when you open the truck door. The light will work if you manually press it and turn it on no problem. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea why this would be? I removed the light and did not notice anything wrong on visual inspection. Are there two separate activation wires from the door switch for each light?

Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Probably a bad switch in the light assembly. When the individual switches are set so they are not manually turned on, they're supposed to be in parallel with the bulb(s) that comes on when a door is opened or the interior lights are otherwise activated.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
Probably a bad switch in the light assembly. When the individual switches are set so they are not manually turned on, they're supposed to be in parallel with the bulb(s) that comes on when a door is opened or the interior lights are otherwise activated.
Thank you! I will try and replace the assembly

Old 12-31-2018, 09:25 AM
I would suggest pinpoint testing to confirm that is the issue rather than just replacing it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Odd 2013 F150 Map Light Issue

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: