L.e.d's what looks best with low prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.e.d's what looks best with low prices

What looks the best on a 1997 f150 triton 5.4 step side bed. What brands and colors do you all suggest? And where should they go??

Old 02-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Not sure if you mean bulb replacement for fog and headlight or additional lighting. I just added some led's for fog lights and wow are they bright. I also have a 20" led light bar just below the front bumper and ran wiring into the cab and mounted a blue led rocker switch that says light bar. But you can get just about anything from small long strips, or square or round 4" ones to massive 50-70" bars to mount on the roof. Color is kinda all personal preference. If your wondering about where to put them try entering something into google about led lights and put in your truck then click images, its great for ideas. Some brands can get pretty expensive but a lot of times you get what you pay for, that being said I actually got my 20" light bar off ebay, it was pretty cheap compared to others but I have had it a few years now through harsh winters and its still working great.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by fx4freak
Not sure if you mean bulb replacement for fog and headlight or additional lighting. I just added some led's for fog lights and wow are they bright. I also have a 20" led light bar just below the front bumper and ran wiring into the cab and mounted a blue led rocker switch that says light bar. But you can get just about anything from small long strips, or square or round 4" ones to massive 50-70" bars to mount on the roof. Color is kinda all personal preference. If your wondering about where to put them try entering something into google about led lights and put in your truck then click images, its great for ideas. Some brands can get pretty expensive but a lot of times you get what you pay for, that being said I actually got my 20" light bar off ebay, it was pretty cheap compared to others but I have had it a few years now through harsh winters and its still working great.
I appreciate all the advice I haven't gotten a reply to this thread in close to a month thanks !

Old 02-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Dawson, I doubt anyone could answer your question. It was too "open ended" and LED performance is fairly subjective.

I'll ask you a similar question: "What model year truck is best? How much should you drive it?"

- Jack

Old 02-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Dawson, I doubt anyone could answer your question. It was too "open ended" and LED performance is fairly subjective.

I'll ask you a similar question: "What model year truck is best? How much should you drive it?"

- Jack
I was just wanting a little advice thats all. And to answer your question that has no answer is every model year is best if your driving your brand. And how much should you drive it? Until your heart is content.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jack, haha I like that.

And Dawson, you could definitely receive help if you were more specific. I.e looking for led tail lights, or interior lights, etc. You were vague and it's too broad of a subject. I know you just want advice, but it's literally impossible to give advice to such an open ended question.

I have swapped every single bulb in my truck to led, minus the headlights. I'd be glad to share what I've learned, if you can let us know what exactly you want to be replacing / upgrading.

Lastly, the word cheap and led in the same sentence usually isn't a good thing. I've learned the hard way that the cheap stuff is cheap for a reason.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 02-19-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: L.e.d's what looks best with low prices