F150LEDs backup bars on!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dog - you may want to reconsider those backup lamps. Look at the pic of them - they compleley do not utilize the reflector.

And again - no specs provided. Personally, I find that quite troublesome.

I had a set ( from another source and cost less) and you will not be happy. Trust me on that point.

I'd recommend one of these ( with preference for the V3's ). Or the 21-Led towers. Pricey? Perhaps - but offers the best results if you want/need to use the OEM location.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/reverse-back-up.html

Their customer service is exemplary. And they've been around a long time, with known quality.

They also have coupon codes / sales: http://www.vleds.com/promo

Don't shoot, fellers - jist orferin' ol' Bubber's humble perspective and modicum of experience. Aight?

good luck
MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-25-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Already did MGD, like I said my brother is really into LED retrofitting and steered me in a different direction. The ones he got for me do use the reflector and were about half the cost. Will see when they get here, I am not expecting to much, my truck sits high enough I will have to mount something lower. The VLED's look cool but I am not spending $65 on a pair of bulbs unless I see the results in person with my own eyes. You have user knowledge ?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Already did MGD, like I said my brother is really into LED retrofitting and steered me in a different direction. The ones he got for me do use the reflector and were about half the cost. Will see when they get here, I am not expecting to much, my truck sits high enough I will have to mount something lower. The VLED's look cool but I am not spending $65 on a pair of bulbs unless I see the results in person with my own eyes. You have user knowledge ?
^^^ Yes.

To be fair - nothing will compare to a pair of aim-able under-bumper units, especially if yer lifted. But, on vehicles other than pickups, this isn't viable.

I've found that the really inexpensive generic no-name fleabay units:

- don't use Cree emitters (false claims)
- are over-driven (short life)
- are under-driven (poor design)
- are mis-matched in output, kelvin, or both
- are made / fit poorly
- offer no specs, or support

And generally, are just not worth the hassle, long-term.

And the other pitfall still awaits to bite folks - those outfits that buy this crap, mark it up, put it in a pretty box an resell it with a faux-brand label, a promise of superiority and a sticker.. Not naming names.

Safe to say I've dabbled in this a long time. a very long time. Built my very first Led project ( and destroyed quite a few doing it ) over 40 years ago.

At this point we're just having a discussion, and I fear I've done 'jacked this hyur thread, lol. I'll stop now. Sorry, OP.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-25-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: F150LEDs backup bars on!!