Tail light Tinting on 2011 Ford F150 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should state that even though I black/smoked my tailights, they work completely fine and even tested them out in virtually every weather condition on my way back from Florida to North Carolina. Drove from morning to evening, rain, fog, congested traffic and open road. Never had a problem and no one seemed to be aggitated at me so I would assume that they are working because other drivers were able to react to my braking accordingly. Thanks for the dad advice though guys. Go channel your way up someone else's thread to pass your time by.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm curious how a driver is supposed to convey agitation through vehicular motion? I'm agitated all the time. Lifted trucks with 8000K PnPs, off-road bumper lights bars on all the time, blacked out tail-lights, etc. I just drive on

Old 01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacthered
I should state that even though I black/smoked my tailights, they work completely fine and even tested them out in virtually every weather condition on my way back from Florida to North Carolina. Drove from morning to evening, rain, fog, congested traffic and open road. Never had a problem and no one seemed to be aggitated at me so I would assume that they are working because other drivers were able to react to my braking accordingly. Thanks for the dad advice though guys. Go channel your way up someone else's thread to pass your time by.

Thanks for the info and don't let the folks here get you down. You seem like a reasonable person and I am sure you would know if you had caused an unsafe situation. I don't see a problem with a little tint as long as you don't go crazy. I for one, have never rear ended someone because they had tinted brake lights. I know how to drive, not tailgate, etc. I get behind trailers all the time that have Zero lighting, even at night, and have managed not to run into any of them as well.
Good luck with your mod!

Quick Reply: Tail light Tinting on 2011 Ford F150 XLT