fx-r 3 retro

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by thelariat02
Wait what? Haha I think I can tell you're serious because you aren't using your normal redneck (no offense) language.

Um idk about those questions, I'm not very electrical savvy.(i know my 120v + stuff and 24v for running your furnace and AC, but not that ha) Tell me what you think. Maybe PM me with details.. I wonder if they will let me send beer thru the mail? I'm not the type of guy that wants something for nothing.
Hi.

Uh-Uh - this is a gift, and I'm an ol'-fashioned Canook Ukie (we takes our swag serious-like, lol) - yall just say 'thankee' and we's gudder'n gud, aight?. Besides - I'm th' wun whut offered, lol.

I'l git ye su'more info/details together in a PM soon, fer yer prerusin' pleasure

MGD

Patience, grasshoppa ...

Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi.

Uh-Uh - this is a gift, and I'm an ol'-fashioned Canook Ukie (we takes our swag serious-like, lol) - yall just say 'thankee' and we's gudder'n gud, aight?. Besides - I'm th' wun whut offered, lol.

I'l git ye su'more info/details together in a PM soon, fer yer prerusin' pleasure

MGD

Patience, grasshoppa ...
Alright, well thank you very much and I appreciate it.
Since you won't let me pay I'll make sure to at least pay it forward.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more testing

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ot-precise.jpg https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...both-sides.jpg 50 ft and then 100+ you can see a big difference what i mean

Last edited by Jim Benson; 02-13-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:27 PM
left side right side

Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Man that is bad. Only thing I could think of is bulb seating. Unless you tried cleaning the bucket of the of the projector and scuffed it..
Is it maybe the lens of the headlight housing cutting down on the light output.
I'm just thinking out loud here, hopefully we can figure this out.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:40 PM
i have not even sealed them up yet,i guess tomorrow i will try and take it back out of the housing, and tear it apart to see if i can find something wrong.i didn't think i would have to worry opening up a new projector. should i send it back? have you guys seen bad projectors before? i wonder how many people have even looked at there lights beyond 25ft setting, i may have never known if i had not checked them at a long distance.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 PM
If you think the projector is bad, then give TRS a call. Their great customer service will run you thru bulb and ballasts swap, you already did that so tell them you did, and if that didn't fix it then they will probably send you a new projector.

Or you can try tuning the one projector to get the light output. Is the lens on the projector dirty?
Maybe order a really cheap used set of oem bulbs and see if that fixes it. It just seems from the picture you have no hot spot.

Here try this. Engage the high beam on both projectors and take note on where in the beam the center of the hotspot is. Take a picture too. If the hotspot is way high up in the beam then its a seating problem..

Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
HI Jim - try swapping lenses. You *may* have gotten a Fresnel lens by mistake. Swapping will reveal that, or any other lens anomaly.

If it's still the same (and you ruled out the bulb and bulb seat), it's the projector. Get a new one under warranty. Once Atlanta starts moving again, of course

good luck!

MGD

Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by thelariat02
Alright, well thank you very much and I appreciate it.
Since you won't let me pay I'll make sure to at least pay it forward.
Hi.

Works fer me!

MGD

Quick Reply: fx-r 3 retro