best place to buy 2013 oem headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by powerz69
Check out your local buy and sell for some 09-13 headlights. You should be able to find a good pair for $100, a great price to not be scarred and hack them up. Remove the clear plastic front, cut them up, and install your choice of projector, and seal back up. There are a bunch of people that said they wouldn't be able to do a retrofit themselves but did some research and it turns out for them.
Much of them thanks to this guy's very comprehensive, kick-butt write up on how to do it

But I'm still scared to

Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Much of them thanks to this guy's very comprehensive, kick-butt write up on how to do it

But I'm still scared to
Hey THANKS!!!
Just think how I felt not knowing what I was doing or if it would have even worked. When I did my retrofit there was no mention of a FX-R projector in a 04-08 head light. After I seen the output of the FX-R I just knew I would somehow make it work.
WOW that was 3 years ago almost to the day!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 AM
I am having a retrofit built for me by Kris Stone at www.hidretrofitlights.com. I bought stock raptor reflector housing off ebay for $248. These are OEM, there were cheaper clones out there for like $120ish. I then paid Kris $629. The $629 covers amber halos, 2 fx-r 3.0 projectors, 50 watt bulbs and 50 ballasts, the wiring kit, shipping and all labor. My lights should be shipped to me mid next week. He has done extensive work for a lot of the previous gen lightnings. he can be reached at info@hidretrofitslights.com. I would also recommend www.raptorretrofit.com. I spoke with Dawson via email on several occasions and he is extremely knowledgeable, and does the best work, I just couldn't afford it. housings alone to do it his way would run $1200, then the upgraded projectors and labor on top of that. Keep in mind that doing it Raptorretrofits way looks closest to stock and will likely not draw as much unwanted attention from the local police.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by powerz69
Hey THANKS!!!
Just think how I felt not knowing what I was doing or if it would have even worked. When I did my retrofit there was no mention of a FX-R projector in a 04-08 head light. After I seen the output of the FX-R I just knew I would somehow make it work.
WOW that was 3 years ago almost to the day!
You have some stones for sure! I feel pretty certain that I would drill some things at incorrect angles and make them very difficult or impossible to aim if I attempted an FX-R build. Then I'd be back at square one, still paying someone to do it for me. And I'm electronics and wiring retarded. The little mini H1s I might be able to handle. I guess everything has its guinea pig, and you were it!

Last edited by KMAC0694; 11-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Anyone using this Morimoto conversion harness?

Last edited by Uin2it; 12-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: best place to buy 2013 oem headlights