Factory Fog Light Wire.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Fog Light Wire.

I just ordered one of those 20" offroad LED bars. I'm need a place to hook it up to. My head light switch does pull out when my lights are on so I wanted to hook up the LED bar to that switch. However, I don't know if the truck came with the factory wiring for fogs that hook up to the switch. I was wondering if this connection right here is where the fogs would be ran through on a 1997 f150.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
All switches will pull out. It only has a connection for fogs if the fascia says "PULL FOR FOGS". The connector you pictured looks like the airbag sensor. If your truck came with the wiring for fogs, it would be hung up somewhere with nothing connected to it.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Well I was looking last night at a schematic and it starts at fuse #27 (fog lamp relay) that has 5 amps. I have that fuse. What I don't have is number #9 (DRL and fog lamps) that is 15 amps in the power distributor box. Could the wires that would hook up the fogs, still be there even if #9 has no fuse?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 AM
And no my fascia doesn't say "pull for fog"

Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The switch should not pull out to a detente position without the fog lamp option ( this is just pulling the **** off without releasing the it ).

Chances of having the fog lamp wiring on a 97-99 are slim ( most of the keypad modifications up through 2001 required additional wiring ).

If you want, you can purchase the switch for your truck that had the fog lamp position and use the lead from it to power an external relay harness to power the LED lamps.

If the factory look is not that critical to you, using a switch in the cover around the steering wheel ( upside down U shape that has the rubber edge for the tilt ) is the cheapest route.

Let us know which way you want the switch to look, and we can go from there.

Quick Reply: Factory Fog Light Wire.