KC Lights in the stock fog light openings...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KC Lights in the stock fog light openings...

Ok so I came up with the idea of putting my 8" KCs in place of the stock 07' FX2 openings. So far so good. The stock switch works for powering them up and down. that was the only easy part. Now for the nitty gritty... After removing the stock light buckets I had to see how I was going to mount em.. easy fix homemade "L" brackets. Aligning was easy as well. Okay getting them fished in the bumper around all the brackets and the RAD mounts was a different story. I had to beat a well placed dent in the side so the would sit flush with the bumper and they look great IMO. Not a bad MOD with the right imagination. Here is my question tho.... They are really bright so road use is out of the question but I would like to use them with my HI-beams. Is there a post on how to rig the stock switch to let the fog lights stay on with the hi beams. If anyone one would like to try this out just know that the light will be aiming off to the side of the road.... I live in the country and like my truck more than deer so a good heads up is great!!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Around this forum it has become known as the bambi mod.

Few threads on it, here is one way :

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...aybe-04-a.html

Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!! I was searching for the wrong thing then found it after this post

Quick Reply: KC Lights in the stock fog light openings...