*Help Finding LED Tailgate Light Bar*

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question *Help Finding LED Tailgate Light Bar*

So I want an LED Tailgate Light Bar for my 2003 F150 KR Super Crew Flareside (49" bed) but I cant decide/find a good and cheap one.

I would really like the scanning type and all red (No amber turn signal because my turn signals on the back arent amber) and I want the white reverse as well.

Right now all i'm finding that fit the bill is the PlasmaGlow FireStorm light bar...http://www.plasmaglow.com/firestorm-led-tailgate-bar/
-But I cant find it for under $150 and even then some of the places I find it dont specify if its the Red or Amber...

The other option is the Recon "White Lightning" but it doesn't have the scanning...http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...D-Tailgate-Bar
-I can find these a little cheaper but i really like the scanning.

So...anyone have any opinions, suggestions, links to cheaper or know other brands that are reliable/good that do what i want??

Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Plasmaglow is the maker of the Scanning pattern I believe. Bully (AutoZone's brand name manufacturer) makes one as well, but its a 3-pc and is COMPLETE CRAP for only $30. I've hear of nothing but problems for Recon (I'm not surprised). My Plasmaglow is a little over 5 yrs old. I love it every time my lights are on.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Plasmaglow is the maker of the Scanning pattern I believe. Bully (AutoZone's brand name manufacturer) makes one as well, but its a 3-pc and is COMPLETE CRAP for only $30. I've hear of nothing but problems for Recon (I'm not surprised). My Plasmaglow is a little over 5 yrs old. I love it every time my lights are on.
Looks like I may be sucking it up and dishing out the cash then...

Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitha6
...<snip....links to cheaper or know other brands that are reliable/good that do what i want??...<snip>...
The 2 do not intersect.
My recon line of fire is 5 + YO now, and no problems with it to date, but this is the non sequential version without the backup option on it.
Dad has the reverse option on his '01 for ~ 6 years now without issue.
- this is 2 direct cases in winter climates ( and salt states ) that the recon works just fine.

The recon sequential version is the recon Xtreme Scanning Amber, White, & Red LED Tailgate Bar.
This looks to have amber scanning turn signals, red stop and tail lamps and the reverse function. This seems to be ~ 125.00 + S/H depending on the site.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Save your self some money and just go a truck stop or heavy truck dealer and buy some good quality marker lights make your own. My Recon bar didn't make it past two years before it stopped working.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I dont recall the brand off hand (I'll try to find it later) but i bought mine at Oreilly for $45 with white reverse lights and I've had it for a year and no problems thus far. Though it is a 60".

Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Mine is an Anzo and I recall they also had a 48" bar in stock but that was a year ago.

Quick Reply: *Help Finding LED Tailgate Light Bar*