help please, high beam on hid projectors are too dim!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please, high beam on hid projectors are too dim!!!

i just installed a pair of hid projectors on my truck and everything looks great except for the high beams!!! they are way dimmer than even my oem low beams!!! what do i do??? i dont want to install hids on highs cuz of the warm up time, but should i just buy a different bulb for my highs?? if so what kind would be a good choice to make it look like at least a decent high beam???

Old 04-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm assuming since you said projector low beam and reflector high beam you have eBay style projectors which are suppose to utilize halogens for low and high. Care to post a pic of what your working with?

Without knowing your set up I would say something like a silverstar ultra would help. You can run hids if you use a relay to keep your low beams on with your high beams. the warm up time is still the same but your not in total darkness until they do get warm.

You Always run the risk of the reflector bowl itself being a poor design as well. The ones I use to run had Decent output with the ultras.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM
yea i bought plug and play hid projectors, with the led halos, i had to install the hid conversion kit on the low beams, and yea it has seperate lows and highs unlike the oem single bulb highs/low...

Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah those chinese headlights arent going to have the same R&D optics as OEM headlights. What bulb is in the high beam? H3?

Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm assuming that the HID low beams turn off every time you hit your high beams? That, with the fact that the high beam reflector bowl is probably poorly designed make for a crappy high beam.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help please, high beam on hid projectors are too dim!!!