Silverstar

Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverstar

So i recently bought a pair of silverstar lights. Not the ultra just the silverstar. I like them but i feel that my old light housing is so blurred that it's causing them to not be as bright as they should. SOOOO
Im looking at buying new clear or crystal headlights and clear corners. There are so many brands out there and price are all about the same im curious if anyone has replaced theres and if they could recommend a good brand for replacing all 4 pieces. Clear or crystal i think either will be fine.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is this a for sale thread?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightning replicas are great. If you can find OEMs made by Visteons, the light pattern will be even better.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by camopaint0707
So is this a for sale thread?
No im asking advise on what brand of clear or crystal headlights to buy for my truck.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
The lightning replicas I got were ok. I made a post about it last week.

Good headlights are expensive not because they look cool, but because they throw out a properly focused light beam. I don't even the the brand I got off eBay. They're made in Taiwan and give out more light at the expense of a narrowed beam pattern.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse H
They're made in Taiwan and give out more light at the expense of a narrowed beam pattern.
Technically incorrect. The housings have no control over how much light is put out. They are just modifiers to the pattern. While it's been over 5 years since I've had my OEM fluted-lens design on my truck, I absolutely loved my Lightning replicas when I had them running halogen bulbs and never noticed a narrow beam pattern. But as with two different light systems (fluted lens w/ smooth reflector versus clear lense w/ modified reflector) you have pros and cons to each, but mostly leaning to the modified reflector system since it disrupts the beam less and reduces glare

Old 03-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Mine are probably cheaper quality compared to others out there. My mistake on my wording, I have more light compared to the stock lenses which were faded, same bulbs were used.

The beam pattern is a whole 'nuther issue with the not up to par design.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse H
Mine are probably cheaper quality compared to others out there. My mistake on my wording, I have more light compared to the stock lenses which were faded, same bulbs were used.

The beam pattern is a whole 'nuther issue with the not up to par design.
Yes I noticed a distinct difference in lost light when going from faded fluted design to a clear lens design.

For kicks and giggles do you have a picture of your low beams in your replica housings at night?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
My biggest worry with buying aftermarket clear or crystal or any housing at all is with some i've seen in the past you can't get your beams set where they are supposed to be set. I have seen several that my friends have purchased for their vehicles and a few were dead on the money correct. The rest, you might have one beat directed at the hubble telescope and another trying to dig a whole in the ground. adjustment after adjustment they would never be correct. So i deff don't want that.

As far as fright ness any clear or crystal style lense will be way better then my 01 fac ones which are faded and blured and does not put out much light at all.

So that's kinda what im asking i guess. maybe im just not saying it correctly.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
i ordered a set of headlights just like raptor used for his retrofit for our old 01 and it was a pretty decent step up from stock to those with factory lights, then the silverstars made it even better. im not saying its going to light up 8 lanes of traffic, but it helped out according to my eyes. once i got the silverstars i pulled 25 ft away from a wall and done all the measuring and they were basically the same as stock so i left them alone.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a cheap option, power polish your old housings.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by bfc4lulu
My biggest worry with buying aftermarket clear or crystal or any housing at all is with some i've seen in the past you can't get your beams set where they are supposed to be set. I have seen several that my friends have purchased for their vehicles and a few were dead on the money correct. The rest, you might have one beat directed at the hubble telescope and another trying to dig a whole in the ground. adjustment after adjustment they would never be correct. So i deff don't want that.
No offense, but you must have retarded friends. Lightning replicas are carbon copies of the OEM heads. Mounting screws are mounting screws. Use a headlight adjustment tool and you can get it right on.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
No offense, but you must have retarded friends. Lightning replicas are carbon copies of the OEM heads. Mounting screws are mounting screws. Use a headlight adjustment tool and you can get it right on.
Pardon me for not knowing what it's called but the lil thing in front of the bulb on the inside of housing was what was not straight on the ones that were messed up. Im just worried im giong to get the same thing. The housings adjusted and everything like they should, it was the lil shiney thing infront of the bulb that was throwing the light funky.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM

The glare cap? Open it up and bend it straight. I've got dozens if you want a spare.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Silverstar