HIDS and High beam indicator on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIDS and High beam indicator on!

Ok I know there's a lot of posts about this topic, but I can't seem to find the answer. I have a 2008 F150 and I just bought some Xentec HIDS for just my low beams and some for my fogs. I thought I hooked them up correctly until I started my truck and my high beam indicator light is on even when the high beams aren't on. When I switch it to high beams, the lights go off and I have no lights. My lights are on auto and my fogs are always on before I installed these. These Hids are plug and play with no harness. They plug directly into each socket. When I plugged these lights into the socket, I noticed there were 3 wires on the socket. The left wire was a light green wire with a black stripe, the third wire was a solid black wire, and the right wire was a dark green wire with a red stripe. I assumed the black wire was the negative and the dark green wire with the red stripe was the positive, so I plugged my HIDS into those. Did I do that correctly or is one of those wires the hi beam wire and the other the low beam? Anybody got a solution?

Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes the three are low, high, and ground.

I assume you got the single-beam kit or did you get bi-xenon?

Also, do a search for the bambi mod

Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Yea I got a single beam kit. My hi beam indicator goes off if I turn my fogs off. Could I just buy the bulbs for a bi-xenon and use the same ballasts that I have now or if I want hi/low beams do I have to buy a whole new kit?

Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You can buy the bi-xenon bulbs if you want, but you need to do the bambi mod.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 PM
you will also need a wire harness for bi-xenon. mine did the same thing, nothing is wrong its just the way it works. bambi mod should fix it but if you wanna save time and money and are happy with low beam only, just get use to it barely glowing.. or take the hids out

Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
The bambi mod should take care of the glowing high beam issue...

Quick Reply: HIDS and High beam indicator on!