Lights behind my Grille??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lights behind my Grille??

Okay... Well id like to install two lights behind my grille on my truck.. But I have a few questions first...

First.. I want 6" round lights. But whats the best way to install them. make a bracket my self? Or can i buy one some where?
And im doing a blackout theme on my truck, and I know you cant have black lights... so how would i make them light up a darker color? Like gray for instants. For maybe a dark blue? I dont know.. But have them still shine fairly good. They wont be used while driving. Mainly for looks, and maybe a small illumination down a road while im hawg huntin. So they dont have to be extremely bright... Soooo whats my best choice of light?

And lastly, how hard (if even possible) would it be to make them turn on from my lhead light switch with my parking light mode.

Thanks ahead of time.

Also, any other ideas on lighting exterior or interior would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 PM
hey. Im interested in the grille/foglight mod. However, I have some interior lights that I put in recently. Throughout the cab I put little blue LED's connected to a sound module to make the pulse to music. Also, I have 2 switches, one for the lights you can see from the outside while driving, and one for the ones you are not able to see so I can have one on but not the other (apparently, Cops think you are impersonating them when youre driving (got a ticket)....watch out its the F150 police....)

Old 02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by detroitbuilt
hey. Im interested in the grille/foglight mod. However, I have some interior lights that I put in recently. Throughout the cab I put little blue LED's connected to a sound module to make the pulse to music. Also, I have 2 switches, one for the lights you can see from the outside while driving, and one for the ones you are not able to see so I can have one on but not the other (apparently, Cops think you are impersonating them when youre driving (got a ticket)....watch out its the F150 police....)
Where are did you put your LEDs in the interior?
Pics would be nice.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Ok here we go: about 8 in series in both foot wells? (where your feet go). one in each vent. 1 at the bottom and top of each support on the front window (the thing with the handle to help get in and out of truck) facing out. In the back, above the seatbelt and by the headrest on both sides. Also, if you want to count this, the switches are those stock looking led switches. I bought blue ones and they match the interior lights. I will get pics up when my friend is done moving and returns my car.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Good deal. the ones next to the window dont have reflection problems at night when drivin?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Old 02-12-2011, 12:37 PM
nope not really. The only ones the pose a sort of problem are the ones in the back, but even those are actually fine. With the switch controlling the problem ones though, i only turn them on when im parked. The ones that are not a problem I can have on whenever. Ill take a video of them with the music

Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
its a easy bracket to make..some one on here has done it and has step by step instructions. wish i could find it again

Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I have two mounted behind the grille. I made my own brackets but ran the lights on a seperate switch. Here are some pictures in my album.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ums-other.html

Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM
i have 2 130 watt kc daylighters behind my grill. wasnt to fun to do but i did it. i just drilled into the cross member thing thats there. had to do it at an angle other wise the light bolt wouldnt go in. and i had some big washers laying around so i put those in between the hollow part of the cross member. i think i have pics up. if not lemme know. i have pics with my grill off and everything too.

edit: i guess i dont. so heres some. o and my horns have now moved. they are right behind the lights. and that last picture is of me putting in my pa horn. its right above the blue pilers.

Last edited by panda24619; 02-12-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
For lights behind grill, check out this link

http://members.***.net/kinzerford/F-...ng_Lights.html

Quick Reply: Lights behind my Grille??