V-led coupon code thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The v-leds Facebook page still lists the code that expired on 7-13-11. I went ahead and placed a minimal order for the interior lighting (most of my truck is already converted to LED but I'm looking to upgrade and color match the bulbs at some point). I have an '04 SuperCrew FX4 with a moonroof and went with the latest high power versions of the 194 (5 LED) and the festoon (4 LED) in 5000k. The brightness is perfect, as is the color and intensity match across all lamps. Many of the older LEDs are bright to look at but don't actually throw off much illumination. The new "high power" versions provide a ton of illumination and the spread of light is completely even - much more light than the incandescent bulbs.

I had the bulbs swapped in while I was having a new alarm system installed. Since the headliner was down for the installation of the proximity sensor, I had the tech wire the front map lights to run off of the dome light switch while still allowing me to turn on the front map lights individually. This now allows me to completely turn off all interior lighting so nothing will come on when I open a door or turn off the ignition (on-auto-off for all lamps). The factory configuration turned on the front map lights regardless of the position of the dome light switch. A side benefit of this mod is that I can now turn on all interior lights without also turning on the exterior bed light (which is what happens when using the dimmer switch). Not that I typically drive with the dome light on, but in the rare instance that full interior illumination is needed while moving, using the dome light switch will leave the exterior bed light turned off and prevent getting pulled over for displaying a white light to the rear. The only thing lost with this mod is the ability to turn on the rear dome light while leaving the front map lights off - a feature I haven't once used in the 8 years that I've owned my truck. If you regularly have back seat passengers (kids) who need to use the dome light often while you're driving then you might not want to do this mod. It's definitely a safety concern to drive at night with both front map lights on.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 AM
New coupon code - expires 8/26/11

From an email I received from V-leds today advertising its updated website:

Enter Code BLASTER at checkout to save an additional 10%
Expires 11:59PM PST 8/26/11

Old 09-10-2011, 12:31 AM
New v-leds coupon code - expires midnight 9-16-11

New v-leds coupon code is BTTF15 - 15% off.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
20% coupon code - SPOOKY20
Letting everybody know it works, just purchased today for my map, dome, vanity lights.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by NicksSmokestone
20% coupon code - SPOOKY20
Letting everybody know it works, just purchased today for my map, dome, vanity lights.
yup, worked for me too for a bunch of stuff I got for my F350.
Heads up though, Only one coupon code at a time, I tried my 5% newsletter code with the spooky code and the one overwrote the other.

Quick Reply: V-led coupon code thread