Climate Control System

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Climate Control System

Does anyone know if there is a stock or aftermarket climat control system I could install in a 2000 F-150 XLT? I am referring to the type of system that uses a thermostat where you can set the temperature and the HVAC system will adjust the temperature as needed automatically.

------------------
2000 Extended Cab F-150
4X4 Offroad
Flairside Oxford White
AirRaid FIPK
2001 L Tails
2001 L 3rd Brake Light
2001 L Corners
Pioneer DEH8000, 12 Disc Changer, Custom Amp Rack, Rockford Fosgate Punch 160, Rockford Fosgate 10" SUB. Keyless entry on Drivers door. Brushguard, 2 160 Watt K.C.'s, Duraliner Bed Liner, AVS hood deflector.

Old 04-24-2001, 11:55 PM
That is what is in the Navigator. You may be able to just swith the switches, but its probably tougher than that.

Old 04-24-2001, 11:57 PM
The navigator has the climate control system? That would be sweet if it was a easy change-out. Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

Old 05-03-2001, 12:39 AM
'99 and up expy's use the auto climate too. I'm pretty sure that it is more than just a swap. There is a temp sensor x 2 and most likely a computer to run the whole thing. If you want just the face plate there was a guy on ebay with one for sale.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back

Old 05-13-2001, 12:19 AM
I have '98 Expedition and would like to convert it to the electronic control too. Any help in this matter would be great.

Old 05-15-2001, 11:11 AM
I was just at my local parts dealer with the same Idea. He lets us look at "the books" which are three volumes of how our trucks work....

There are two other major components...an electronic controller for the fan (which could be just plugged in) and a piece of ductwork that houses one of the two temp sensors.

This dosent include the fact that the Eddie bauer exp/navigator, have Hvac controls in the steering wheel. Thats a whole-nuther wire harness and plug that we dont have.

All the electrical/vacuum plugs were the same, although at least one of them was wired differently (but could be changed-all the wire colors were the same)

I feel, that with a little trouble shooting, it could be done, could raid the other parts from a wrecked rig. Oemparts quoted $442.00 just for the head unit.

Comparing both systems, they appear to have the same function (wiring to other componets was nearly the same) Its just the Climate control does it all by itself.

The Hvac (heater controls) section for f-150's, was about 7 pages....for the exp, was about 40+ pages with 3/4 dedicated to the Climate control.

Sorry for the long post...

------------------
2000 XLT Silver 5.4L SC 4X4 ORP 157"wb Ford Floormats, MudFlaps, Cabin Air Filter, lighted emblems, lighted interior door handles(all 4) Chrome Grill (4x2 style), Diamondplate bed caps, Pro-Tech tool box, Air Box mod, Muth Heated Signal Mirrors, Custom Gauge Pod-(water temp, trans temp)
Perma-cool 8" Electric Trans Cooler Fan, 2.02" Radiator, 16" Derale cooling fan, Superchip (flipchip), Map lights in overhead, tinted windows, back up lights, soundproofed cab.

Old 05-15-2001, 11:47 AM
Only the navs have steering wheel controls.

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,
Whitewalls turned in.
K&N Cat-Back
Clarion Mobile Video

Old 05-15-2001, 03:56 PM
Hmmmnnn.....The steering wheel controls were there, but now I cant remember which book he handed me, 00' Exp or 01' Exp,

But thats a good thing, just means that the head unit dosent care if the wheel controls are plugged in or not...which does make it easier...as this was a 10-12 wire harness.

Just wish I could find a totaled Exp to get the parts from....

------------------
2000 XLT Silver 5.4L SC 4X4 ORP 157"wb Ford Floormats, MudFlaps, Cabin Air Filter, lighted emblems, lighted interior door handles(all 4) Chrome Grill (4x2 style), Diamondplate bed caps, Pro-Tech tool box, Air Box mod, Muth Heated Signal Mirrors, Custom Gauge Pod-(water temp, trans temp)
Perma-cool 8" Electric Trans Cooler Fan, 2.02" Radiator, 16" Derale cooling fan, Superchip (flipchip), Map lights in overhead, tinted windows, back up lights, soundproofed cab.

Quick Reply: Climate Control System