Swap from 4.2 sync to 8 inch sync 3 (2016 f150)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap from 4.2 sync to 8 inch sync 3 (2016 f150)

I've tried searching but I guess I can't get the specific terms down to find an answer. I have an opportunity to swap from the standard sync to the 8 inch sync 3 for free... I just have to swap the parts. Is this a straight forward affair or is there going to be some hard to get to harnesses or anything? They both have back up cameras, no navigation just the larger sync 3 screen. Any help or maybe to be pointed in the right direction would be great, thanks!

BTW, both systems are in 2016 F150s.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benny_J
I've tried searching but I guess I can't get the specific terms down to find an answer. I have an opportunity to swap from the standard sync to the 8 inch sync 3 for free... I just have to swap the parts. Is this a straight forward affair or is there going to be some hard to get to harnesses or anything? They both have back up cameras, no navigation just the larger sync 3 screen. Any help or maybe to be pointed in the right direction would be great, thanks!

BTW, both systems are in 2016 F150s.
Use this page a sa resource: https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&r...Ycw3UfGlKDcSMQ

Once you make the switch, it's easy to add navigation.