Pioneer Premier DEH-710BT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pioneer Premier DEH-710BT?

I did a search and doesn't seem to be any talk of this one yet. I know its fairly new, but just curious what some of the pros on here have to say about this headunit. I'm considering it. Thanks for any opinions.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Theres really nothing bad to say about it. That thing is absolutely awesome.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM

Sorry to bump this up, but with Christmas approaching, wanted to bring this back. I'm considering either this unit or the Alpine 9886. I know the Alpine lacks Bluetooth but this isn't a necessity to me. I wear a bluetooth earpiece anyway. So I just want to know what you think about the 2 as far as sound quality, ease of use (I have a feeling that goes to the Alpine), and iPod functionality. I have an iPhone 3G and plan to add the Alpine KCX-422tr adaptor to the 9886 so I can actually charge my iPhone. Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts in comparison so I know what to ask Santa for. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Its a toss up really. On the description you gave id err on the side of the Pioneer. Itll be a bit more user-friendly and sound quality isnt bad at all. You should still be able to charge the iPhone too.

Last edited by Low_e_Red; 11-19-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Id go with the Pioneer too. The ipod interface is better IMO, plus the Pioneer looks a helluva lot cleaner when installed.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM

Low, Sundevil,

Thanks again. Y'all are awesome. Just out of curiosity, have either of you had any hands-on experience with the Pioneer? The auto sound shops here don't have it on display. Is it fairly easy to navigate the menus? I've had Alpines for my last 3 headunits and just curious how user-friendly it is. One knock I've read is that there are no stereo preset buttons on the front. I rarely listen to the radio, but just want to see what you think of that dial. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. Also, is Crutchfield the only online retailer that Pioneer honors the 2 year warranty for their Premier stuff? Thanks.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
Low, Sundevil,

Thanks again. Y'all are awesome. Just out of curiosity, have either of you had any hands-on experience with the Pioneer? The auto sound shops here don't have it on display. Is it fairly easy to navigate the menus? I've had Alpines for my last 3 headunits and just curious how user-friendly it is. One knock I've read is that there are no stereo preset buttons on the front. I rarely listen to the radio, but just want to see what you think of that dial. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. Also, is Crutchfield the only online retailer that Pioneer honors the 2 year warranty for their Premier stuff? Thanks.
I love how easy the new pioneers are. I personally think they are easier then the Alpines but thats just me. As for the **** I get a lot of objections about it at first, but ive never had anyone end up night liking it. It does take some getting used to, but I love it. I think it de-clutters the face of the radio and makes it look a lot cleaner. Plus there is always the remote, or steering wheel controls if you have it.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Sundevil,

You're the man! I appreciate your input. You've sold me on the Pioneer! I have the old body style, so no steering wheel remote, but I'm pretty handy with electronics so I don't think anything new will be a problem. I look forward to installing it. Thanks again!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
No problem man, if you have any other questions just let me know.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I purchased a Pioneer 5100 for my son for his birthday---I know it isn't the model you are talking about, but it alsodoesn't have the preset buttons onthe front. At first my son really didn't like it, but as he got to know and use the receiver, her really began to fall in love with it. I have been a Pionner guy since 1977...push button radio/casette player way back when... I still have a Pioneer in my car and truck, as well.

TSC

Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
No aftermarket deck is ever as usable as a factory deck. I guess this is the cost of additional features and better sound quality.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Yeah I'm sure I'll get used to it. That was just the only complaint I had seen people have with the new Pioneers. But honestly, I listen to the radio very sparingly so I'm not real worried about it. Thanks for your input though and glad to hear once you get used to it, you seem to like it.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Premier DEH-710BT?