2004 f-150 ipod hookup please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE HELP!!!! i got the 2004 f-150 with the factory head unit with the "AUX" button.... ive done some searches and im just getting more and more confused.... isimple says its for the 2005 and up models ... whats the difference between 04 head unit and the 05....

Or anybody with an 04 f150 that has hooked up and adaptor for the ipod PLEASE fill me in.... I dont wanna have to use the fm transmitter.....

also with the pie and pac units ive been told by some that they will work and some say they will not work...

i just want to hear from someone that has hooked up there 2004 f150 to play an ipod... THANKS

Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I feel your pain...I have been looking for a good system for mine too. The only one I have found that would work for sure it appears is actually from isimple. This is the link to the one I am considering http://www.isimplesolutions.com/CES2/TranzIt.asp It isn't a true aux input but at least it's not transmitting from the ipod either.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 PM
I dont have an I pod but I understand that a variation of this one can.
PIE

I got mine from this guy and has been working vell for over 1 year

Hope this will steer you in the right direction.

Good luck

Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by bnuts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE HELP!!!! i got the 2004 f-150 with the factory head unit with the "AUX" button.... ive done some searches and im just getting more and more confused.... isimple says its for the 2005 and up models ... whats the difference between 04 head unit and the 05....

Or anybody with an 04 f150 that has hooked up and adaptor for the ipod PLEASE fill me in.... I dont wanna have to use the fm transmitter.....

also with the pie and pac units ive been told by some that they will work and some say they will not work...

i just want to hear from someone that has hooked up there 2004 f150 to play an ipod... THANKS

I had a PIE adapter on my '04 with now issues. I actually only used it for a few months and need to get rid of it, if interested PM me I could make you a decent deal. Sorry for the shameless plug but I know it will work and charge the iPod.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by bnuts

the difference between the 2004 and some* of the 2005 H/U's is that the newer H/U's have "MP3" printed on the faceplate.

majority of the ipod adapters that use your steering wheel controls and show the song on the h/u need that "Mp3" on the faceplate

so make sure you do some research and for safe measure, pull out your H/U and get the part # to check compatibility

have an 05 and i bought the isimple thinking it would work since i have an 05 and the Aux button , but no "Mp3" , so i was outta luck.

i have read that the Pie adapter works, i ve never read up on it though, mayb some one will chime in.

i returned the Isimple and bought a Pioneer D3 and havent looked back since

Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Dude, I feel your pain. I have an '04 and want the ability to do the same thing. There has got to be someone out there that makes a piece. i would rather not spend the grand or two to upgrade the radio...

Quick Reply: 2004 f-150 ipod hookup please help