RCA jacks

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCA jacks

do anyone out there know if there are rca female ends in the back of the head unit, if so, does it work with the aux. in the unit...wouldnt you be able to connect RCA male plugs into it and connect your mp3 player elimitating the use of buying a costly adapter?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Bold wasnt necessary. And Search first please.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by clicheband
do anyone out there know if there are rca female ends in the back of the head unit, if so, does it work with the aux. in the unit...wouldnt you be able to connect RCA male plugs into it and connect your mp3 player elimitating the use of buying a costly adapter?
Don't worry about the jackasses on this site.

Yes it works. I did it with my Pioneer headunit.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
i understand that but do the factory head unit have RCA plugs?....guess he went over my head cause i dont know what he's talking about

Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
No factory RCA wires or plugs, search for info on a PIE adapter.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
I am also trying to figure out the best way to do it. I have looked and the PIE adapter, but I heard something about a connector that charges it and gives you control of your Ipod through the factory stereo. What is that? I think that is what I am looking for. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:30 AM
yea i looked into the pie adapter also but i also heard that if you have one, you will have to disconnect the CD player and i wanna keep that

Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by efuehrin
Don't worry about the jackasses on this site.

Yes it works. I did it with my Pioneer headunit.
Ya, great advice there pal. Maybe, instead of starting a new post he can search and find the other people with the exact same question. Oh and 85% of the threads in this audio section pertain to the same few things: PIE, underseat box, audiophile questions, new speakers, and sub/amp setups.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Ya, great advice there pal. Maybe, instead of starting a new post he can search and find the other people with the exact same question. Oh and 85% of the threads in this audio section pertain to the same few things: PIE, underseat box, audiophile questions, new speakers, and sub/amp setups.

The search feature sucks on this site. I have had a very hard times getting info I have needed sometimes, even when I know it's there.

It would have been just as easy for you to give an answer as it was to to type in search first.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 AM

Sorry man.. I didn't know you were talking about the factory head unit.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
i understand that but do the factory head unit have RCA plugs?....guess he went over my head cause i dont know what he's talking about
No RCA plugs on the back of the factory unit.

Originally Posted by meeshforty
I am also trying to figure out the best way to do it. I have looked and the PIE adapter, but I heard something about a connector that charges it and gives you control of your Ipod through the factory stereo. What is that? I think that is what I am looking for. Thanks.
Your thinking of one of these...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202650467219

Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I've been researching this and it just seams more cost effective to get a new head unit. I know alot of people want to keep the factory look but want to add an Ipod and amps too. But 80+ for the Ipod adapter plus another for the amp is too much. my solution was to find a nice stereo with Ipod controls and a double din size that looked kind of stock and had a good price, so this is what I found,

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...mpaign=froogle
It has everything we need and it looks cool, maybe the volume **** kills it for some but I like the way it looks and all the features are great. Unfortunately its last years model so only a few places still have it in stock. Ebay has them too. The model that replaces it is more expensive but adds bluetooth and a few more things. The CX609

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...409026879.html
Hope this helps!!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
being a senior member, looks like all his time is to find people to insult, what a life

Old 02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Cliche, I wouldnt be surprised if Low new more about car audio and car audio installation then anyone else on this board.

The fact that he has so much knowledge means he helps noobs all the time. Answering that same questions over and over again, when most can be answered by doing a simple search, gets very frustrating.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
if it bothers him so much, then walk away...like an adult, dont have to answer anyone, takes it on himself to let it bother him, we have people on every web site everywhere ask questions before him (before internet) and long after we are gone

Quick Reply: RCA jacks