Reprogramming stock HU

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reprogramming stock HU

I thought I saw it listed here somewhere before that you can send your stock HU to get it reprogrammed to work in another ford if it didnt come out of the same Ford... Anyone recall who does this reprogramming??
Tried the ford dealer and they are so hick in this small town they just tryed to reprogram it by pushing some buttons (didnt work)
Need help!!! Thanks in advance you all

Last edited by cscott1; 07-15-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone out there that can answer my question??? Help!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
BUMP!!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 AM
let me share my story. i ordered a cd player from ebay for a friend. his truck came with a single cd and cassette, but the cd player didn't work. it's a mexican '05 fx4. the company that i ordered from is called "factory tunes" and the guy's name is nate, if i remember correctly. when i got it i tried it on my truck, '04 lariat. i plugged it in. it turned on and played cd's. then i noticed that the station preset buttons didn't light up. none of the buttons lit up. so i was i also noticed that the display wouldn't dim when i turned on the headlights. so i was pretty upset, i mean i had just spent $150 of my best friends money. so i sent an e-mail to this nate guy, and he said "reprogram" blah blah blah. ok, well it was supposedly from a '07 f150, i knew the antenna wouldn't be the same, but the buttonsso i called three of my local dealers, and one said that it should work without reprogramming, the other two didn't even know that any sort of reprogramming would be needed for a cd player swap. so i searched on this website and found a phone number for somebody that has reprogramed some nav units for some site members. i gave him a call and he said that it shouldn't need to be reprogramed, but he still told me to press the 3 & 6 preset buttons on the radio to check some thing or other. it didn't do a thing. so i called my friend, he lives in mexico, and told him all that had happend. he came over a couple of days later and we installed it on his truck, hoping it would work. it didn't same story. so my friend took it home and he decided to take it apart(he is an engineer). he checked it out and told me that there was a part inside the head unit that when powered up didn't pass current. so then he kept on checking and the needle from the voltmeter slipped and it sparked and smoked. he was pissed, so like a real man's man threw it on floor and broke it. and thats my story, i don't know if it will help. the only thing i could say is, try to get one from an f150 not one out some other ford car. unless you already bought it( i think you did) well good luck and sorry for long rant.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Rollin..... not sure what to do here. This supposidly came out of a 08 ford f150 harley edition...... but I have the dame problem the lights for button wont light up and wont dim when headlights turn on. I know for a fact that someone had posted a company name and or a phone number to call for someone who will reprogram the headunits... I just cant find it now.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by rstu740
Booklet for Virgin Tour to TibetTraveling Tibet is most people’s dream in their life. However, some preparation is necessary for your virgin tour to Tibet. tibet travel To every alien tourist, Tibet Entry permit is a primary. For Tibet Entry permit, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) does not accept any individual to apply for Tibet Entry permit, but only travel agencies are allowed to apply Tibet Entry permit for alien tourist. At the same time, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) forbids travel agencies to provide Tibet Entry permit only service. Tibet Entry permit must be sold with tour itinerary, tour guide, transportation and accommodation.Next is to make a proper tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet. However, it is not an easy work. If you want to get a thorough understanding of Tibet, you have to have a great amount of time. A good tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet is to cover some ordinary scenery spots. You could first travel around the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region, Lhasa. The signature of Lhasa is the Potala Palace. At the same time, the Barkhor Street, the Jokhang Temple, the Norbulingka Garden, the Sera Monastery, and the Drepund Monastery are all the famous spots well worth visiting.tibet toursAfter the tour in Lhasa, three other ordinary tour itineraries are recommended:Firstly is the tour to Lake Namtso. The distance between Lake Namtso and Lhasa is not very far. However, if you want to do the tour within one day, you have to drive on for about 8 to 9 hours. But it is a good idea to overnight at the lake side enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sun set. Because the altitude of Lake Namtso is about 4700 meters, it will be a huge challenge to your health to have a night at Namtso. Second tour itinerary is from Lhasa to Nyingchi. Spending two days, you could finish the ordinary scenery spots such as the Basum Lake Scenic Zone. However, if you have one day more, you could go to the Lunang forest which is called the Swiss in Tibet. There, you could enjoy the tranquil holy mountain Namjagbarwa. Along the way to Lunang forest, you could have a close look at the Niyang River and the grandest Canyon, Brahmaputra Grand Canyon.http://www.travelwestchina.com/tibet travel The third tour itinerary is to the “World Third Pole” Mt. Everest. This tour itinerary will go from Shigatse and Tingri to Mt. Everest Base Camp. In Shigatse, you could visit Tashilungpo Monastery which is known as one of the four monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism and Zongshan Anti-British Battle Ruins in Gyantse. However, your final destination is the base camp of Mt. Everest. There, the splendid Mt. Everest will stand in front of you. Meanwhile, you could enjoy the sunrise at the Rongbu Monastery. What’s more, walk to Rongbu Monastery from Tingri will bring you much fun.These three tour itineraries are the good choice for your virgin tour to Tibet. If the train ticket to Tibet is available, taking the train to Tibet is the best choice. Sitting on the Tibet train, enjoying the unique scenery along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway and watching the Tibetan antelope will leave you unforgettable memory.Another psychological preparation for your Tibet tour is the lack of oxygen on high altitude. Different people have different high altitude reaction. However, one or two day acclimatization is necessary. Rest in the hotel, do not do serious sport and do not bathe are the way to acclimatize to the high altitude. If you got serious high altitude sickness, breath some pure oxygen is usually a common way to deal with it. But, do not overdo that. If you are addicted to the oxygen, you could not do without it on the high altitude. However, normally, one will get used to high altitude after half-day acclimatization.http://www.pan-tibet.com
WTH is this??? Spammer?

Old 07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Not sure if this helps....

Did you get took by that guy on E-bay stating that the HU is from an '08 Harley? They aren't, the 6L2T I don't believe is a part# from an F150, you need to look for one with a PN begining with 6L3T or 5L3T if you have an '05. Also, is this the thread you are looking for with the PH# in it?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/he...-controls.html

Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by bfrericks
Did you get took by that guy on E-bay stating that the HU is from an '08 Harley? They aren't, the 6L2T I don't believe is a part# from an F150, you need to look for one with a PN begining with 6L3T or 5L3T if you have an '05. Also, is this the thread you are looking for with the PH# in it?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/he...-controls.html

Well, I dont know if I got took, but he did claim it came out of a 08 Harley and I have an 08 FX4 and my backlighting doesnt work and no dimming works either. Do you know the PN for an 08 F150?
I dont think that was the post I was looking for cause its a different name but might be worth checking out. It was a name like Don or Dom I cant remember cause its been a while since I saw it.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I am not sure what the part number is of the HU that I recieved, I would have to pull it out and see what it says on the unit, but the one I pulled out of it has a PN of 8L3T

Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Yup

That would make sense that your old one has a PN of 8L3T. All F150 Parts have the L3 in the prefix, that's how they identify it as coming from an F150. If you get a HU that does not have a L3 in the prefix, it's not from an F150no matter what you are told, I can all but guarantee that. I know the 2006 PN for a Screw Audiophile is 6L3T-18C815-JE, the suffix JE identifies it as an Audiophile from a SCrew. (I think the programming is different for the speakers etc for the different body styles thus the need to differentiate a regular for a crew from a screw). I have a 800 number you can call to get the PN or you can call your dealer, they should have all that as well. I'll post that number tomorrow.

If it were me, I'd pull that radio out and check the number then call-out that e-bay guy. He still has several auctions saying his radios are out of an '08 Harley but the PN doesn't match and I guess I also have to ask how many '08 Harley's does this guy have? Don't want to accuse him of anyhting but the numbers don't lie.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope this info helps...

Blake

Old 07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Oh yeah if the radio isn't out of an F150 several things won't work:

1. The illumination won't work properly.
2. Speed control won't work.
3. The seek button on the steering wheel only goes backward instead of forward.

Basically the F150 uses a different method to run these functions than the other Ford vehicles do, and the HU isn’t programmed to operate the way an F150 expects it too. Make sense?

To check the PN of the Radio in your vehicle, hold down the 3 and 6 preset button for a few seconds. It will go through a speaker test and I think one of the last things it does is give you the part number of the radio, when you are in this mode, you can also push the preset buttons to access different test and information functions. I think if you push five or six it will tell you the PN.

Blake

Blake

Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh yeah if the radio isn't out of an F150 several things won't work:

1. The illumination won't work properly.
2. Speed control won't work.
3. The seek button on the steering wheel only goes backward instead of forward.

Basically the F150 uses a different method to run these functions than the other Ford vehicles do, and the HU isn’t programmed to operate the way an F150 expects it too. Make sense?

To check the PN of the Radio in your vehicle, hold down the 3 and 6 preset button for a few seconds. It will go through a speaker test and I think one of the last things it does is give you the part number of the radio, when you are in this mode, you can also push the preset buttons to access different test and information functions. I think if you push five or six it will tell you the PN.

Blake

Blake
Thanks Blake, I will try that and see what the PN is of the radio I have installed. The guy on EBay, his name is Matt says his brother owns a Ford dealership in town there in CA., and thats how he gets them and I was also thinking the other day just how many dang Harley editions do they get... anyways, I will check the PN and get back with you here...thanks for all the good info.

Scotty

Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM
800 Number

Here is that 800# I promised:

1-800-323-4813. They will ask which dealership gave you their name, I just gave them the name of my local dealership. They seemed a little like WTF, but they did get me the number.

Blake

Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
That would make sense that your old one has a PN of 8L3T. All F150 Parts have the L3 in the prefix, that's how they identify it as coming from an F150. If you get a HU that does not have a L3 in the prefix, it's not from an F150no matter what you are told, I can all but guarantee that. I know the 2006 PN for a Screw Audiophile is 6L3T-18C815-JE, the suffix JE identifies it as an Audiophile from a SCrew. (I think the programming is different for the speakers etc for the different body styles thus the need to differentiate a regular for a crew from a screw). I have a 800 number you can call to get the PN or you can call your dealer, they should have all that as well. I'll post that number tomorrow.

If it were me, I'd pull that radio out and check the number then call-out that e-bay guy. He still has several auctions saying his radios are out of an '08 Harley but the PN doesn't match and I guess I also have to ask how many '08 Harley's does this guy have? Don't want to accuse him of anyhting but the numbers don't lie.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope this info helps...

Blake

I just check the part number by doing the 3 and 6 button on the HU recieved from Matt (EBay) and this is what it says 8E5T-18C815-BE Now on the first 4 digits it was hard to read on the digital display if that was a 8EST or a 8E5T.. I am assuming the last one.. Do you know of the top of your head what that is? And exactly who is that 1-800 number too?

10 Mins later... no need for me to to find out what that came out of now.. I did a search on google for that part number and it brought me to a link here...lol
http://f150fanatic.com/forums/head-u...ml#post3214126
Seems the radio I have goes in a Fusion/Mercury Milan. I am going after him now and I will report him to Ebay as frauding people.

Last edited by cscott1; 07-29-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: 10 mins later!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 PM
You dont happen to know the part number for an 08 Ford F150 Audiophile head unit that is sat and MP3 ready do you???

Quick Reply: Reprogramming stock HU