Metra kit for 07 diff than 05?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metra kit for 07 diff than 05?

I pulled the alpine W200 out of my 2005 before I traded it in for a new 2007.
I went to install it in the new truck today and found out a few things.
1--The ant plug is different and will need some kind of adapter
2--The dash kit that was on the radio from the 05 is not going to work on the 07.The trim that fills the gap around the radio is to short.Short from radio face to rear of radio it needs to stick out 1/2" or so more.The kit provides no adjustment for this it only lets you adjust how far the radio face moves in and out.
3--The factory sirius ant works just fine with an alpine add on tuner.You just have to remove the plastic around the connection.It pops off with no damage to it so it could be put back on.

What kit is every one usein on the 07 with a double din screen?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I have the same issue. Just installed an AVIC-D3 yesterday in my 2007 FX4 and everything is working great except for the Metra mounting bracket.

It does not sit flush with the dash, the top part curves in too much and sits about 1/4" or more deep in relation to the dash. Will post some pictures later tonight when I get back from a trip.

As bronkx1 said, as far as I can tell, there is no way to adjust the actual flushness of the mounting bracket. Going to grab another Metra bracket today and see what I can do with it.

Bronkx1, for the antenna, I used the following:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vtwyFB2...00&I=12040CR10

Side note on the D3: Have Audiophile with factory subwoofer and it works great. Put a 3k OHM resistor between the subwoofer connections as recommended on AVIV411 and works perfect. No popping at all and the overall sound with factory speakers is very impressive.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Other Metra dash kit would have had the same problem, so I just used to spacers on the top screws to get it flush. Looks perfect now.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM
The metra 95-5812 double din dash kit is the one I always use. Some of the other dash kits come with spacers that you add to the back side of the mounting tabs. They are about a 1/4 inch think and space the dash kit to meet up with the dash bezel.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Well I went to another brand of dash kits.Its called Best Kits.It looks better to me than the metra.Its not the flat ring around the radio it has some shape to it and the color looks better with my grey dash.I hit every shop in town looking for an adapter for the ant and still could not find one.They just tell me that Im wrong and fords dont need an ant adapter.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 AM
bestkits are pretty good. Some of thier kits have some cheesy plastic to them but I have used the ford double din ones.

The antenna adapter you are looking for is a for a chrysler.

Here's the model numbers for all the installation kit manufacturers.

Metra # 40-CR10
Scosche # CRAB
Bestkits # BAA20
American International # CR6

Quick Reply: Metra kit for 07 diff than 05?