6 Disc Factory Mp3 player, burning mp3 disc

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 Disc Factory Mp3 player, burning mp3 disc

Does anyone know how to burn mp3 disc for factory unit that will show album and artist information?

I want to know if this is done in the ripping process when I am converting my cd's to mp3 or does this have something to do with the program or setting when I burn an mp3 disc.

I have notice that some mp3 cd's that I put into the factory unit displays artist and title information.

The mp3 disc that I burn only display song title information.

I am hoping that one of you all can tell me how to create mp3 disc that will only my factory 6 mp3 disc unit to display all infomation when I hit the info button on my factory 6 mp3 disc player.

I have tried much testing/burning of cd's.

The application that I use to burn my mp3 cds for my factory 6 mp3 unit is 'Nero'.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:13 PM
KC,
Hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think whether or not your track info is displayed has everything to do with the ID3 tag on the file and nothing to do with the program you use to burn it.

Test this out by right-clicking on your music file & then going to properties. Then click on the tab that says "Summary" & fill in the data for track title, artist, etc. Then try reburning the cd.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:18 PM
It's all in how you tag them when you rip the music. For best results, I use DB Power Amp Music Converter. It automatically tags each file with artist and title. The Artist/Album/Song data shows up on ever MP3 player I've used.

I also burn my discs with NERO as a data disc.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I tried your suggestion but that fields that you were talking about are grayed out. I don't have the option to edit those fields.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Adding ID3 tags

Try http://www.softpointer.com/index.htm

You can right click on a MP3 file and look or edit the ID tag information. I would also recommend Tag & Rename also by http://www.softpointer.com.

Make sure the file is not write-protected. This can also be seen after right-clicking on the file.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by kcmasterpiece
I tried your suggestion but that fields that you were talking about are grayed out. I don't have the option to edit those fields.
Greyed out? Be sure that you are doing this to the file on your computer, not once it has been burned to the cd.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by arsenalgunner
Greyed out? Be sure that you are doing this to the file on your computer, not once it has been burned to the cd.

I just tried mine and it is greyed out also and I can't edit the info.

I have been having the same problem also and pretty much gave up on this.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by kcmasterpiece
Does anyone know how to burn mp3 disc for factory unit that will show album and artist information?

I want to know if this is done in the ripping process when I am converting my cd's to mp3 or does this have something to do with the program or setting when I burn an mp3 disc.

I have notice that some mp3 cd's that I put into the factory unit displays artist and title information.

The mp3 disc that I burn only display song title information.

I am hoping that one of you all can tell me how to create mp3 disc that will only my factory 6 mp3 disc unit to display all infomation when I hit the info button on my factory 6 mp3 disc player.

I have tried much testing/burning of cd's.

The application that I use to burn my mp3 cds for my factory 6 mp3 unit is 'Nero'.
It depends on which programs you are using, whether you tag while ripping or when burning. I have a Empeg, which is basically a mini computer so I don't exactly burn my mp3's to a disk but rather upload them to my Empeg's harddrive. However tagging is the same no matter what. What I do is considered "tagging after the fact" which is tagging my mp3's after I have ripped or downloaded them. One easy program to use is:
http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/
All you have to do is rip your mp3's or download them to your pc. Then right click on any song in the folder and it will bring up all the songs in that folder and then just tag all the information you want. I only tag the artist, name of song, and genre because that is all I need. This program also has some complex features once you get the hang of it. There are also some programs that will tag the information by looking at certain websites. Windows Media Player allows you to tag the information (if it does not locate the information online) before you rip to your PC.

Now whether your player will show album info I am not sure. Basically what is displayed on the screen of your player will depend on how much the company that built it wanted you to see. Most all mp3's players should at least show the basic, artist and title of the song. Whether it gives additional information like album, genre, etc... depends. If it does not there are ways around it depending on how many characters you player allows. If it does not display the album name you could simply include the album name in either the artist name or song title, but again this would depend on the number of characters you player allows.

The most common "mistake" is that people think that the file name that they see on their PC is what is displayed. You need to think of the tag information as part of the file it self and the name you see on your PC is really meaningless as far as playing it in your trucks player

Which version of Nero are you using? I don't really burn mp3's disk anymore since my player is a harddrive based unit.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Windows Media Player actually does a decent job of decoding the file name and trying to find the matching album in the online CD database. Sometimes you've got to help it, but it's not too too bad.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Personally, I think DB Power Amp is the best that's out there. Do a Google and you can down load a free trial version.

You just pop in the CD you want to rip, and it automatically checks their web data base for artist, album, title, etc... and fills it all in. In four years, I've never found a CD they didn't have on file. No need to go back and fill in the blanks like other ripping software. Just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: 6 Disc Factory Mp3 player, burning mp3 disc