Harley-Davidson

Another Kill!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my last race on neighborhood streets about 5 years ago. Had my '99 TA out and a black cobra pulled up down by the beach. The light turned green and we were off... just then, a bum "wandered" into our path (mine exactly). She had to back pedal to get out of the way and fell in the middle of the street. I stopped 20 feet from her, but the cobra ran. I stopped to see if she was OK and the ske-daddled myself. Quite the lesson! Never again. I keep mine for the highways, since there shouldn't be peds on them.

BTW, there's a difference in *******ing with someone and racing them. People pull up beside the HD and rev all the time, but few actually go. The flames have the same effect as racing stripes - they add about 10 HP and open you up to taunts from other drivers. Can't we all just get along.

Old 06-28-2002, 09:08 AM
a new stock HD truck run a best of 15.45

That wasnt the supercharged version ill tell you that.

Old 06-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SuperSCrew_820
I did my last race on neighborhood streets about 5 years ago. Had my '99 TA out
How did you get a '99 TA, five years ago? I didn't think they made '99 models in, hmmmmm, 1997.

BTW, I would not brag about my truck kicking a Z28 butt unless he was running his best. Why imply that '02 HD are that stout?

Old 06-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Geez, this thread grew fast. LoL

Oh, mystery fan, if you count 02 and count back (02, 01, 00, 99, 98), he probably got the 99 in late 98, so about 5 years counting by car model years. Not trying to make you sound dumb or anything, i had to think about it myself for a few minutes, just trying to clarify it for others

originally posted by Y2K Silverado. I guess I'll find out first hand how friendly Ford owners are.
we really are a friendy and helpful bunch, but when you come here and in your 1st post, you doubt a guys street kill (wasn't a true 100% drag strip race, but still is a kill) and imply he's lying or something, it doesn't start you off too good.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:43 AM
we really are a friendy and helpful bunch, but when you come here and in your 1st post, you doubt a guys street kill (wasn't a true 100% drag strip race, but still is a kill) and imply he's lying or something, it doesn't start you off too good.

Thanks for the support Harley#356. No hard feelings to anyone, plus it wasnt a residential area, and a kill still is a kill, on the track or not. And I will continue to boast about this truck until it bucks me and gives me a reason not too.

Old 06-28-2002, 12:11 PM
yea man, he wasnt implying that his truck could beat a Z-28 he was just saying the guy revved and wanted to race, then he flew by him while he wasnt paying attension and the poor z28 got embarrased.... we know what our trucks are capeable of.... we arent a bunch of civics who think they can run 10s...... and dont think we are being mean because you have a chev.... i for one dont care.... but i think it is a litle foolish to come in here and try to start a fight..... anyway good luck with your truck.... those 5.3s are great engines and i would hate to encounter one with a charger on it..... and im sure if you try not to start any fights most people here would be glad to help you out as much as we can.... ill give you your first tip GET THAT TRUCK BLOWN....... i think whipple makes the nicest kit for the chev.... but the magna is nice too..... and i would look at ATI just because im getting one for my truck...... GRIN

-steve

Old 06-28-2002, 12:21 PM
hard to type pissed off
First off, I didn't mean to **** any one off in here, my apologies for that. I simply found it hard to believe that a 14 second truck beat a 13 second car but I know it can happen. I myself beat a Bullitt Mustang at the track because the kid driving it couldn't drive. He spun horrible at the line where I didn't, I got enough ahead the he didn't catch me. I KNOW that a Bullitt Mustang is a heck of alot quicker than my truck. Jonrauch, my apologies for doubting your word! I don't think my Silverado is so "Bad ***", that's not what I said. I have two experiences with the new S/C HD trucks, one Truck Trend article and the one I saw at the track. When the driver clicked off nothing but mid 15's I was surprised aftering reading that they do mid 14's, which my truck has yet to do. It was a hot crappy drag racing day, 97* and kind of humid for Sacramento. And, it was the new Super Charged HD, the guy had his hood popped between runs and he drew a crowd. Like I said, I would love to have one! Again, my apologies!
Jim

Last edited by Y2K Silverado; 06-28-2002 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Y2K Silverado, where are you looking at 02 F150 HDs in California? One of the dealers in the Bay Area has about 15 of them and if you talk to the Fleet Sales Manager he will sell you one for invoice plus a few hundred dollars.

Old 06-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Y2K Silverado, where are you looking at 02 F150 HDs in California? One of the dealers in the Bay Area has about 15 of them and if you talk to the Fleet Sales Manager he will sell you one for invoice plus a few hundred dollars.
Really, don't tell me that, my wife will KILL ME. I'm in the Bay Area, Concord. I looked at Lithia Ford and they had a 9-10K dealer mark up on the trucks, he had two when I looked. Which dealer?
Thanks, Jim

Old 06-28-2002, 01:01 PM
just 2 more reasons why that HD you saw at the track may not have done so well besides the weather is the driver may have been inexperienced, and the truck may not have been broken in yet. They get stronger with a little mileage on them compared to brand new, also from what i'm hearing, a grand in mods can do alot for these trucks, and thats not bad at all.

Been a while since there was a flame over here in the HD forum.

Old 06-28-2002, 01:39 PM
For those non believers here is one you can. I took a late model GMC half ton to school the other day. I had him beat before 45 mph. Don't need to raise he!! to kick a$$. Either he couldn't drive or it was the GM product he was driving.

Old 06-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Y2K Silverado (Jim), I live in Livermore but do all my Ford business at Hayward Ford. Send me an email BPayne@yahoo.com and I can give you the details of who to talk to, etc.

His stickers on his trucks are also marked up 5-10k for the typical buyer off the street.

Old 06-28-2002, 04:00 PM
ET means diddly on the street.

The 02HD will pull right around 98ish mph...where the Z28/TA will pull 105ish stock ~more if modded~

From a roll a vehicle that has 5mph more in the 1/4 will just walk away.

Old 06-29-2002, 02:14 AM
2001 Camaro Z28 (Manual - Skilled Driver)
0-60: 5.5
1/4 Mile: 13.9

2002 F150 HD (Automatic - Doesn't really matter)
0-60: 6.2
1/4 Mile: 14.6

Resources: Road & Track and Motor Trend

It definately looks possible to me. With the chip and filter the HD could be in the low 14's. Also...it takes a skilled driver to get the best out of the Manual transmission-it's not too hard to mash the pedal on the HD. Additionally...I have heard of several HD's and L's who have surpassed the performance test done by MT and RT bone stock. Conclusion: It's POSSIBLE!

Old 06-29-2002, 08:21 PM
If you base all your assumptions on what you read in a magazine..whats the point in racing?

FYI..it would take an absolutely pathetic driver to not break 13.9 in a 2001 LS1 Fbody.

Again...the Fbody will still pull a much higher mph than the HD...mph is the only thing that matters on the street from a roll.

Quick Reply: Another Kill!!!!