Harley-Davidson

Loudest

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 40 series Flowmaster!

I've got the 40 series Flowmaster SI/DO. I just left the tail pipes off and have it coming straight out of the Flowmaster (no turndowns) Sound is very mean and loud. Love It!

Old 06-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Harleyboy, no tailpipes . Just wondering why, i think that it looks awsome, and there would just be something missing with out any pipes.

What did you do with the tips?

Old 06-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Harleyboy, tell me more about your custom sub box that holds 2x10in kickers? Where does it fit and where can I get one. I had the same setup in my f250 and now I want to put them in the HD.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:11 PM
I have a custom enclosure fr my '00 that hold 2-10". I got it from www.subbox.com.

Old 06-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Tail pipes

Harley #356
My tail pipes are in the shed, I thought about putting them back on but I just left them off, might put them on someday.

Drop-top
I got the box from a local audio store. It fits flush under the backseat with no loss of legroom and it is a dark gray, matches the black pretty well. Just got it hooked up yesterday and it thumps pretty hard!

Old 06-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Anyone who wants a mean-sounding exhaust that will turn heads yet does not drone in the cabin at cruising speeds should contact us.

We have the new Silver Bullet exhaust available for both the Lightnings and for the new 2002 Harley models as well. We can do this setup so that it exits on the side in front of the rear wheel like the Lightning's exhaust does, or so that it exits in the stock location for the HD model, behind the rear wheel.

We just put this newest exhaust on our own truck on Wednesday and drove it 500 miles on the highway immediately after installation. It is the meanest-sounding exhaust I have ever heard that does not drone inside the cabin, it sounds like an older big-block musclecar on steroids, yet after 500 miles with it on the highway I was completely comfortable with it's volume and tone in the cabin and outside the vehicle.

This system always has an authoritative tone that puts Flowmaster to shame in both sound as well as making more power. This is much more aggressive-sounding exhaust than the factory exhaust, it incorporates the Magnaflow X-pipe and uses Magnaflow mufflers as well, so you have the best core flow engineering. It is available in 2 versions, in a single muffler unit that is a true-dual internally 2.5" DIDO, or like I'm using, with the 2 separate 14" Magnaflows, which is what I recommend for the nicest sound and yet another 5-8 HP over what the new Silver Bullet single muffler system will add. Total power gain from this new cat-back system runs roughly about 25 horsepower (flywheel, 20 hp rear wheel) for the dual muffler version on the Harley models.

We also have the bolt-on **full-length** custom headers & high-flo catalytic converters available as well, for those who want to do the whole package. These full-length headers will also work on any 5.4 engine F-150 from 1997 on up.

For all the details, pricing, etc., please just give us a call at our number lsited below, or shoot us an email.

Old 06-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Harleyboy,
Is there one for each sub? What is the name of the shop?

Old 06-07-2002, 08:23 PM
HEY MIKE

Mike,

Will that exhaust work on the 2001 HD's also? I would like to get a more aggressive sound of my truck.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Mike,

Same question as it applies to 2000's.

Thanks

Mike

Old 06-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Sub Box

It is a single box with a sub on the driver and passenger sides, will not fit anything but 97-up ex cab F-150's. They only had one and were not planning on getting anymore. But the name of the store is The Home Theater Store.

Quick Reply: Loudest