Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Harley owners in Memphis?

Nooooo, I can't be the only one......

Old 01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
I live in Cordova-- yeah it's Memphis too but I don't like to admit it

I have both a 2002 HD as well as a 2002 Lightning. My wife drives the HD back and forth to work (about 5 miles round trip) and I work at the, now don't hold this against me, the IRS over on Getwell near MS.

You'll see the HD parked daily in front of the Stein Mart on Germantown road. You can't see the Lightning unless you have a tank or lots of guns to crash the gate at the IRS.

Where you at?

/tg

Old 01-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Hey Harley02 and Zinc!! I am trying to get some L owners together either this weekend or the next at Hooter's on Mt Moriah. If you are interested, let me know. Oh yeah, this is my gathering and all Harley owners are allowed(but only if you bring your truck). I almost traded my L three weeks ago for a new Two-Toned Harley. Damn, what a sweet looking truck

Cory

PS.... Harley02F150...You didn't trade in an 03 Yellow Cobra for that truck did you

Last edited by Litenin75; 01-17-2003 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Yup....That's me. I got pulled over 14 times in that car but only 2 tickets and I wasn't going to let it get worse. I'm trying to prepare for the track I can't wait....Have either one of you ran your trucks and if so what did you run and what mods do you have?

Old 01-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Yep, I've ran it. I'm in the SVTOA Memphis also. Ran a 12.93 back in April. Traction problems persisted after that and I couldn't get any better.

Cory

Old 01-18-2003, 12:10 AM
That's not bad at all....What do you have done to your truck? We ran my cobra and hit 11:90 then went the half shafts " im sure you already heard that "

Old 01-18-2003, 10:42 AM
You gotta share the story of the exploding '03 Cobra!

I had a Sonic Blue Cobra on order (spoilerless)... was even close to ordering a 2000 Cobra R wing-- but then I made the mistake of taking a vacation to Florida in the '02 HD.

When I got back, took one look at my Zinc Yellow Mustang GT, and thought "F that, I want something big like the HD."

Drove to Dobb's on Mt. Moriah Road and 15 minutes later-- litterally drove my white Lightning off the showroom floor. Kinda cool, they even took pictures for me

Re-doing the garage now... I am going to get those pictures and the SVT certificate matted and framed and hang that in the garage as well. I already have the floor painted, Ford blue painted half way up the walls, and there will be a HD "section" complete with my HD rolling tool box.

/tg

Old 01-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Re-doing the garage now... I am going to get those pictures and the SVT certificate matted and framed and hang that in the garage as well. I already have the floor painted, Ford blue painted half way up the walls, and there will be a HD "section" complete with my HD rolling tool box.

wow, that sounds awsome!!! i know if i had a garage, i'd be doing the same thing. post pics when you're done. goodluck on the project! my truck is jealous

Old 01-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Here's the story. I had the basic mods chip, 6 lb pulley, exhaust etc. and we were at the track. Did a nice burn out on drag radials and staged. Held the rpms at 5000 and dumped. The thing hooked so hard I thought I was airborne. THEN about 20 feet the car fell on its face and there went that half shafts. I did a little looking on the computer to see if I was the only one with the problem but it had happened to several other people. Thank God I didn't use the 50 shot I had hooked up lol

Quick Reply: Any Harley owners in Memphis?