? for mike t

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well, just some info. for this whole thing. Using http://www.weatherplanner.com to check the possible weather conditions, I have found the following. This is specifically for the Saturday's that we would be at the drag strip on a Test & Tune Day.

June 2nd - low to hi 80's, Chance of T-storms or Showers
June 9th - mid to hi 70's, Clear
June 23rd - Ford Fun Weekend - hi 70's to low 80's, Chance of T-storms or Showers
June 30th - hi 80's to low 90's, Clear
July 7th - mid 80's to low 90's, Chance of Showers
July 28th - mid to hi 80's, T-storms or Showers
August 18th - hi 80's to low 90's, Clear

I realize that we can't get everything together all on one weekend but the main thing is to get together and meet new people.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

------------------
1994 F-150 XLT Supercab, Long Box, 302 EFI, 3.55 LS, K&N FIPK, Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs, Automatic, Single Catalytic converter, followed by a Raven Z-55 muffler and finished off with chrome tips (2 1/2" to 3"), Royal Blue in and out, Captain Chairs. Chrome Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 105S 235/75R15 (Summer), OEM Aluminum Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 108S (Winter), Lightly Tinted, Soft Tonneau Cover, Ford Receiver Hitch Cover & Lock, J&J Enterprises Stainless Steel AirDam with KC driving lights, Lund Supersteps, Lighted Grab Bars, VTech Slotted Taillight Covers, Alpine CDM-7829 Head Unit, PPI 4800 Amplifier, Kicker 10" Solo Baric Sub with Custom Box and Kicker Impulse 6.5 Mid & Tweets.

Old 03-05-2001, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi IzzyEddy, Raoul, & all,

First, Raoul, thank you ever so much for explaining to everyone exactly what we went thru last year in having to change dates to get everything aligned, etc., and you're exactly right, we don't want to have to change dates, argh!

Second, IzzyEddy, same thing, Raoul's post explains it all, and thanks for posting VMS's schedule too! We have that data as well of course, as we're going over the events & getting the schedule worked out.

We also want to have a show & shine event this year, and I'm not sure where & how we're going to pack that in, perhaps at the drag strip, or after the Sunday brunch, we'll just have to see, but it's going to be an event-filled weekend, and who knows, we might even need a 4th day this year!

Everyone, please rest assured that we're working on it as quickly as possible, and so far, it looks like we're looking once again at the last weekend in July, but the next thing to verify is the schedule of the Norfolk Ford plant, so Raoul & I will be discussing this very shortly.

We know that many people need to get their vacation requests in early at their company, so just as quickly as we can get this nailed down, we'll announce right here and have the regiustration forms etc., just like we did last year, so everything will be organized & as automated as possible.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and your help, thanks to *you*, this is going to be a fantastic time, and even better than last year!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 03-06-2001, 04:36 AM
Cool

Is the "passing of the blanket" an official event? If so watch out Lew, I'm coming after you!

Something to consider for anyone that attends and stays in the same (Waterside Norfolk) area this year... This past Pearl Harbor Day, the USS Wisconsin was moved to the dockside at the Nauticus museum, which is right around the corner from the place everyone stayed at last year.

Having been on the USS Iowa to check it out, I would recommend taking the tour if you have time. These battleships are an amazing display of Naval firepower.

[This message has been edited by signmaster (edited 03-06-2001).]

Old 03-06-2001, 09:26 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

I don't think a 'passing of the blanket' is going to work. When I asked Lew if he was concerned about 'losing' the blanket, he just laughed and mumbled something about 'half-throttle'.

Old 03-08-2001, 05:04 AM
Well, if he starts using those tactics, I'm going to resort to using 4 low range!

Old 03-08-2001, 07:42 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Talking

(track announcer puts his hand over the mike turns to another official and says)

"That's it! These F150's are BANNED! Look at these two Yahoo's! Why, I can WALK a quarter mile in four minutes!"

Old 03-08-2001, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Raoul,

Hey, that just might happen, especially if we have any more F-150's launch and then stop & back up to the "christmas tree" (staging lane) lane again!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 03-09-2001, 06:13 PM
Talking

now raoul, you should know better,,, half throttle is way too fast....after all i did "let" the tractor beat me last year..( even tho i still think that he was super chipped )... actually i was thinking of having a plaque or trophy to give out this year as my youngest really enjoys the blanket....any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

------------------
97 f150 xlt SuperCab 4.2L, Auto, K&N Air Filter,Captain's Chairs, Magnum Bug Deflector, GTS Headlite Covers, AVS Slotted Tailite Covers, AVS Window Deflectors, Ford Bedliner, Ford Blanket ( Thanks Raoul )

"Just FORD It"

[This message has been edited by lew b (edited 03-09-2001).]

Old 03-10-2001, 05:47 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile

Hehehe, somebody forgot their password...4x4Yankee.

Old 03-10-2001, 06:15 PM
Question

Mike,

By NHRA rules, does one use a cumulative time after "re-staging", or do you simply use the time after tripping the lights the second time?

Old 03-11-2001, 12:04 AM
Cool

I keep telling you I was just trying to be polite .... LOL

------------------
98 moonlight blue, ext.cab,4.6,orp,ford bedliner,fibrobec cab hi cap,bugflecta,ventvisors ss dee zee brush guard,molded mud guards,lumi logo on tailgate,super chip ss gibson single side swept cat back,gibson headers,k&n 2nd gen. air mod,kenwood kdc x815 ,kdc c662 changer,polk dx7 & ex572a speakers,mtx rt 4180 amp & 2-10" subs

Old 03-12-2001, 10:32 AM
Very funny Raoul- you knew I was stuck outside and you wouldn't let me back in!
Did you tell Steve to change my password ?
I changed my internet provider and when I went to have it sent to my new address it was a-f-u.So there I was stuck outside and not able to to get in and mess with you - talk about withdrawels lol. Now I don't know if I can get credit for time served or am I doomed to being welcomed to the board ? (not that that's a bad thing - I can claim ignorance) But then again - I might be able to slip back into Va. again without anyone knowing my history !

Old 03-12-2001, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Signmaster,

Hmm, let me check and see.......yep, that's how NHRA does it, they total the times & divide total time by # of attempts at staging, to get the average dial-in. IHRA won't accept this, however.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 03-12-2001, 03:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Yankee4X4!

Great to "see" you again.

And we're looking forward to seeing you at this year's Rally again too, we've been wondering where you've been!

You'll have to leave your mechanic home this year, though. (just kidding, please tell him we said hello!)

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 03-12-2001, 04:46 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Talking

That reminds me Mike, the Hampton Police want to be notified in advance if Joe is coming this year. They didn't want to seek extradition for a misdemeanor. I'm sure it will just be a fine and some community service. He'll probably miss most of the Rally though.

We might get some cool pics if they try an take him into custody when he has a snoot full.

Quick Reply: ? for mike t