Texas Heat Wave, Austin July 21-23 Let's make it BIG

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2000, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Texas Heat Wave, Austin July 21-23 Let's make it BIG

Hello all here is the start of the Texas Heat wave info. Sean and I would like to get as many people as possible to show up. This is a special Rally since it is a great time to show our love for our Ford trucks. The Rally surrounds one of the biggest Truck shows around, maybe the biggest in Texas. We will converge on Austin Texas to attend it. Here is the tentative plans for the Weekend.

We are looking into the hotels to verify that it is ok that we can stay out in the parking lot during the evening. Don't want a Barney part II incident. We are looking at La Quinta, so Fred aka 2000Sport if you have any pull let us know. We will let yall know when we finalize this, also it will be in the info email or packet that we send to those that will attend.

Friday is the arrival day. We plan on meeting at the hotel and go out to eat at a place just on the other side of the Highway from La Quanta. This place is called La Margarita, and trust me they have great Margaretas. We will go to eat at 7:00. This info will also be in the packet. From there it will be back to the hotel and hang out or sleep for the next days activities.

Saturday will start early. We will want to be at the Texas County Heritage Center at 8:00. I know, I know. This is important so that we can all park next to each other. Spots go quick out there and Sean and I have an area that we believe will be perfect. Once out there we will proceed to set up tents and such. Remember that we will be out there all day, at least until we have our trucks judged. So don't forget the suntan lotion and such. There will be plenty of activities, here is the schedule:

SATURDAY
7:00AM Gates Open
1. Registration
2. Classification
3. Park in show area
9:00AM Judging will begin (this runs all day almost)
10:30AM Crank It Up begins
11:00AM Volleyball Competition
1:00PM Stationary Burn Out
2:30PM Freeze-N-Squeeze
6:30PM Lowest Truck Competition
9:00PM Neon Contest
11:00PM Wet ti- I mean Wet T-shirt Contest

There are also plenty of venders that will be there so who knows we may be doing some mods will we are there. After the judges have done there job on our trucks we can leave or stay. Pending on time we will make up our minds to go or not. We may leave and head to the large parking lot by the Whataburger that we went to during the first Austin Rally. This is a local hang out that many a vehicle will show up and do display of there cars. It was cool last time and if we have allot trucks I'm sure we will take over. During that time we can also make a trip down to sixth street if possible. Make a couple passes down there and show the Austinites what the best trucks look like. We could also go back to see the activities at the show grounds, wet t-shirt contest. This is a choice I'm sure that will be made at the last min, but we will have to see.

Sunday consists of more events. Here they are:

SUNDAY 7:00AM Gates Open
We will try to park in the same spot but that don't mean we need to be there real early since hopefully we will already be judged.
10:00AM Tug-of-War
10:30AM Registration Closes
Volleyball final bracket
Crank It Up continues
10:45AM Tire Toss
11:30AM Launching Burn out Competition
1:00PM Hydraulic Contest
2:00PM Door Prizes
2:30PM Bikini & Hot Body Finals
4:00PM Award Ceremony

After the Ceremony we will all most likely take off in all directions.

So this is the Event. I hope that all of you will want to come. It would be a great time to get involved since there will be many a magazine there and we might make a big enough impact to make it in one of them. So if your interested and want more info and such fill out the below registration and contact us at the Texas Chapter Email so you we can give you the address to send it to with the entrance fee. We want to collect them all together so that we can turn them in as a club. This will ensure the lower price of 30 dollars as well as help us know who is going for sure. Also feel free to ask any questions you might have since I'm sure I'm missing something.

------------------
If your interested in the Texas Chapter email me at texaschapter@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Texas Chapter (edited 05-02-2000).]

Old 05-01-2000, 10:34 PM
Banned
Arrow

Dang is that big enough or what. Sorry yall, just had to much to say.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Part of the F150 Online Texas Chapter
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flareside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work rhigh@nortelnetworks.com
Anytime mumbly_f150@yahoo.com
Home mumbly@gte.net
<A HREF="http://www.roushperf.com/" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 05-01-2000).]

Old 05-01-2000, 10:47 PM
Cool

Hi Mumbly, I am looking forward to meeting the Texas Chapter in July. I forwarded my check to Old Sixpipes and he will register both of us. I am planning on bringing my STX over from Tampa and joining you in the Dallas area for the trip to Austin. Keep up the good work!

------------------
98 White 4.6 Triton STX Flairside,Class III hitch, Blue Cobra Stripes, Euro Lid by Astro, Bed Rug, Fiero Wing, Air Dam,Westin Step Bars, Ground Force 2-4 Drop, Super Chip,Jacobs DIS Ignition K&N, Jet coated JBA stainless headers, Magna Flow Muffler with Stainless Duals.

Old 05-01-2000, 11:17 PM
Wow!!!!!!!! People from all over the U.S. This may be a Nation wide since we have Florida and Ca people there. Maybe some Northern folks will want to come down for some Texas Heat.

Old 05-02-2000, 12:43 AM
Cool

Geez I can't wait. I think we should be in the volleyball tournament, I know we could get a team and kick butt, now that would be fun. You think we could do that??

Hey big Ed, I think it will be nice and SUNNY down there...hehehe

Old 05-02-2000, 01:48 AM
Talking

I'm game for some V-Ball.
I don't think I'll need to worry about standing around my truck to answer questions about all the mods I've done to it.

------------------
Steve #1

'99 F150 "Little Foot" Regular Cab 5.4 4X4
'97 Mustang GT 4.6
'87 K5 Blazer "Monster" 350 4X4 &lt;For Sale&gt;

http://www.geocities.com/f15099/

Old 05-02-2000, 02:17 AM
Mumbly do you know which Laquinta this is. Email me where it is and your number so i can call you. I will be in the office on thursday and will have a chance to get some hotel info on groups and how much i might be able to get the rooms for. Unfortunatly I dont think I will be able to get a $20 dollar rate for everyone like i can get but i will do the best I can.

------------------
TRUCK
2000 F150 Sport XLT 4.2L V6 Bright Red Flareside S/C. CD Player.

MODS
Code Alarm Surestart LX, Window Tint, K&N Filter. Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust with 3.5" chrome tips, Superchip,Muth Signal Mirrors, clear corner lenses, ultra white halogen headlights, Lumi Logo In the front, Black Westin Nerf Bars, Red Wire Loom throughout the engine, Pioneer DEH-P7000R cd player, Radio shack CB Radio.

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2000, 01:10 PM
Buck, Let me know on the address to so I can contact my La Quinta connection here and the one in Austin, maybe she works at the one you are talking about....Dave

Old 05-02-2000, 01:31 PM
Ok guys it is on. I have made a group reservation for july 21st for 2 nights. I blocked off some smoking and non smoking rooms at a total of 25 rooms. To get the group reservation you need to make your reservations before july 7th to insure you get a room and get it at the group rate of $62. I got half with single quenn and half with double quenn for those with families or those who want to double up.

This is the info on where the hotel is and the #
La Quinta Inn - Austin - Round Rock Map #6
I-35 and Exit 254
2004 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
(512) 255-6666

Ask for the Texas Chapter F150 online group rate.

If you have any furthur questions about the hotel Email me at s2000sport@hotmail.com.

I also talked to the Manager today and the (BARNEY FACTOR) will not be a problem.

Old 05-02-2000, 02:12 PM
Banned
Arrow

Thanks 2000Sport, I have made my reservations. I will also be there on the thursday night before if anyone else plans on being there early.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Part of the F150 Online Texas Chapter
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flareside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work rhigh@nortelnetworks.com
Anytime mumbly_f150@yahoo.com
Home mumbly@gte.net
<A HREF="http://www.roushperf.com/" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 05-02-2000).]

Old 05-02-2000, 09:20 PM
Buck As long as things go as planned my wife and I will be there on thursday. Probably late evening.

------------------
TRUCK
2000 F150 Sport XLT 4.2L V6 Bright Red Flareside S/C. CD Player.

MODS
Code Alarm Surestart LX, Window Tint, K&N Filter. Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust with 3.5" chrome tips, Superchip,Muth Signal Mirrors, clear corner lenses, ultra white halogen headlights, Lumi Logo In the front, Black Westin Nerf Bars, Red Wire Loom throughout the engine, Pioneer DEH-P7000R cd player, Radio shack CB Radio.

Old 05-02-2000, 09:35 PM
Arrow

Don't forget yall to send a email to the Texas Chapter email that you will attend when your sure. We will want you to send those check made out to the Texas Heat Wave to Sean's house so that we can enter them all together. We will send you a email back with the address.

Old 05-02-2000, 10:19 PM
Cool

Will not miss this one come H*** or high water. I will send my check pronto to SS97. I should be hooking up with Roger Lemmere, CAF150 and any of the Calf. Gang that will be coming in Los Cruces and then we will convoy over.

Old 05-04-2000, 01:21 AM
Banned
Exclamation

Howdy all you "Texas Heatwave/Texas Chapter" F-150 owners !! Wazzzzzup ?!!!

Well, I'm getting ready to send out a group email w/some info. about the Tx Heatwave show this july, which is not too far around the corner !

I will attach the same registration form to have y'all fill out along with the address of where you will need to send your entry/admission fee. When filling out the form, please fill out the personal info. that you "know". If there is any info. that you're unsure about what to put down, you can leave it blank & we will fill the rest out for you, but it is pretty clear.

If you do not get this group email that is about to go out & would like to receive it & come join us that weekend for some fun & comraderie, please email us at TexasChapter@hotmail.com & we will be happy to send it to you as well as answer any questions you may have. Buck (Mumbly) & myself are setting this up & answering the texaschapter email for this HUGE event. Mainly Buck is taking care of it, but since the Heatwave is here in Austin, I am helping him out.

This is going to be a BIG deal & it would be great to get as many of us F-150onliners/TexasChapter owners into the show. It doesn't matter if your truck is "Bare Bones" or "Built to the Hilt" ! Just come join us & have some fun !

Like Buck said, all the "MAJOR" magazines will be there taking pictures & talking to the clubs & owners, so I think we should make it into one or all of them without a doubt ! Especially if we can get a LARGE group taking up a big area of the show. Also, we have a couple great locations in mind to set up.

So, keep this thread alive & check here for updates on the event & if you haven't sent your info. to the texaschapter@hotmail.com to "Join the club", send your name, email addy, screen name & as much personal info. as you wish to disclose & become a part of the "Texas Chapter".

We're just a big bunch of F-150 owners who like & know how to have a good time & always welcome more people !
"The More The Merrier" !!

SS

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 05-04-2000).]

Old 05-05-2000, 03:36 AM
Cool

Hi all, sorry I have not posted on site lately, i been extremly busy w/ doctors and physical therapy. Let me know if u need any help w/ anything or IF SEAN or Darren if you all need help w/ anything call me or hit me up an e-mail.
Mike

------------------
98 XL F150 SC / 4.2L
5spd
Kenwood CD-player w/
2-12" MTX and 4200 MTX Thunder Amp.
K&N filer and 70 Series Flowmaster Muffler.
3-4 lowering kit by
Chassis Tech
(4)17x8 MB Motoring rims w/ 255-55- vr4 17 BFgoodrich comp T/A tires.
E-mail address:
Mike78664@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Texas Heat Wave, Austin July 21-23 Let's make it BIG