DFW Meeting on Oct 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-1999, 10:12 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post DFW Meeting on Oct 23rd

Hey all you DFW people. I will be attending a Small car/truck show at the local Sonic and would love for everyone to attend. It is at the Sonic at Josey Lane ad Keller Springs in Carrollton. The Sonic phone number is 972-446-9167. There will be many different classes of cars and looks like four truck classes. Pre 60, 60-70's, 80's tell present and mini open. Let's show them what ford has to offer and do a little get together. The show starts at 6:00 and awards are at 8:30. It only costs 5.00 to enter so if your worried about that. I just hope everyone show so we can get to business on the club here in DFW. So let's here from ya DFW.

------------------
Buck aka Mumbly
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work mumblywork@myf150.com
Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 10-20-1999).]

Old 10-20-1999, 10:30 PM
Well I'll be there, I get to be in my first show, I probably won't do good, but it will be fun. So everybody come on out, it will be a lot of fun.

------------------
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Mudder,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield. . More to come for the 3:16 machine: Ramsey Pro 8000 winch is here, and will be on as soon as the hidden kit gets here, 4 more KC lights, shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 10-20-1999).]

Old 10-20-1999, 10:51 PM
Banned
Unhappy

I sure wish I could make it ! But I will be busy this weekend. Maybe the next one ?
We'll see... Good luck to ya Mumbly & Mudder ! Shine those trucks up !
Talk to ya soon.

------------------
Sean in Texas
https://www.f150online.com/features/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/7936

97 White/Tan Lariat - Leather, Power Everything, Tan Leather Floor Console, 2 Chamber Flowmaster Cat Back Duals w/Chrome Exits, AirAid Intake, Hypertech Chip, All Synth. Fluids, Custom Painted TB Cover, Blue Wire Loomed Engine, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, 17x9.5 Centerline Scorpions, w/275/60/17 Dunlop Sport Rover GTX Tires, Cool Collar, Polished Billet Grille & Bumper Insert, Chrome Diff. Cover, Pendaliner SR, Clear Corner Lenses, Superwhites Headlights, Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, Kenwood Excelon Speakers, Polk Audio db Series 10" Sub, Kenwood 818 Sub. Amp, LMI Rear Seat Kit, I know there is more but can't think of it now... OH yeah.. & a Fully Loaded "Viper" Alarm to guard it ALL !

Old 10-22-1999, 12:48 AM
Wish i could, have to do a ring toss at my sons school.....gggrrrrrrrr..Good luck though guys...(gals).
Dave

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside, 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels w/ 265 scorpions,all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift .
San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

Old 10-22-1999, 01:34 AM
Dang gang!

I can't make the run up to Big D for this one. We've got theatre tickets and I am doomed to oblivion whether I go or not. If I don't go, I catch "The Look" from my mother-in-law and if I do go, I get to be mesmerized by two (or more, oh God!) hours of Tommy Tune prancing around the stage!

Damned if I do, and damned if I don't....

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - in transit; Cal-Tracs traction bars

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 10-22-1999).]

Old 10-22-1999, 02:00 PM
Banned
Exclamation

Mumbly.. Davensa is going to bring his hot rod he said.. nice car too !

Were you a cop up there before here in Texas Dave ?

Anonymous Car/Truck Lover !

Old 10-22-1999, 02:02 PM
I'd be there, but with the number of scratches, dents, dings, bends and other damage to my truck its not exactly in "show" condition. On the plus side, I get a warm welcome now each time I pull into the body shop ...

Old 10-23-1999, 11:56 PM
Thumbs up

Just go back from the show, it was great. I put my truck in the show, and that was a first for me, and probably the last if I ever have to go against Mumbly again
Well there were four different truck classes: 80's and up (that's what me and Mumbly were in), 60's and up, pre 60, and mini truck. Well Mumbly won best of his class, and best truck overall, what a shock I knew from the get go that I wasn't gonna win but it was still fun and I had a good time. We saw Steve #1 and Sixpipes showed up in his Lightning, with a awesome cycle in the back. We were glad that he didn't enter the show But all in all it was fun. Here is a pic of Mumbly's truck that I took at the show:

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 10-23-1999).]

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 10-24-1999).]

Old 10-24-1999, 12:24 AM
Here is a cool pic of Mumbly's engine taken at the show, notice the cool placement of the f150online sticker

Old 10-24-1999, 11:15 AM
Well dang it, guys!

I spent the entire evening yesterday washing, polishing, and waxing my rig, and I kept wondering when we'd have a DFW meet to simply get together and show off our trucks, do comparos, etc. And here the day after I get wind of the Carrollton meet! Rats!

I don't know if my truck is show competition level, but it sure shines up purty. I'd like to see us just have an informal, swap info and fun meet sometime, maybe at the same Sonic. Just a strong showing of f-150's to put a club on the map, maybe?

And mudder, that's one good looking rig you got there.

------------------
Cam

'98 F-150 SC XLT, 4.6L, Bright Red, Red Spray-in Liner, Extang Soft Tonneau, Ford Bug Deflector, Airaid FIPK, Vortex "Cherry Bomb" Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks (and they *do* perform) Superchipped at last! (and WOW!)

Future Mods:
a)Limited slip
b)Running Boards

Old 10-24-1999, 01:11 PM
Cool

Mudder & Mumbly-

Nice meeting you guys last nite. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat longer, but it was one of those deals I made with the better half. You know, if you go with me to the car show, I'll go to Target and help you get an ironing board. Awsome trucks guys!

Count me in on any get togethers in the future and thanks for the photo of Mumbly's supercharger. I'll send it on to my brother.

------------------
1999 Black (Soon to be lowered) Lightning - w/Super Chip (YEEEOW!), Power Surge air kit, CD Changer, Towing Package,Grey Rhino, clear corner lenses.

[This message has been edited by sixpipes (edited 10-24-1999).]

Old 10-24-1999, 01:34 PM
Smile

Sixpipes, it was nice meeting you too, and you have a very nice truck.

Crazy C, Actually that is Mumbly's truck, but yeah it sure is nice. The pic I took of my truck didn't come out very good

Old 10-27-1999, 06:48 PM
I'm in! I'll keep an eye on this thread, so keep us posted.

Quick Reply: DFW Meeting on Oct 23rd