Texas Rally Part Two

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-1999, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm still trying to convince the Mrs. to go, but I think she already has plans. Guss I'll have to come without her. Count me in. Has anyone decided where to meet on Saturday? I'd hate to drive all the way to Austin, and miss all the action. Is there a street name for where the Whataburger is? I've been to Austin a few times, but I seem to have a hard time finding my way around. I will be leaving from Houston on Sat afternoon, if anyone is wanting to convoy, just let me know. Can't wait.

------------------
98 Triton XLT Extended, Buckets, CD, bug shield,billet grille,80 watt Wizard ultra white bulbs,K&N,Flowmaster,dueled w/3.5 stainless turndowns at rear bumper. Black nurf bars, 3% tint, 2" drop w/17X8 MB Motoring wheels on 275/55 Dunlop rubber.Smoothed tailgate. Black/Gray

Old 10-12-1999, 08:41 PM
Red face

Any of those places sound good to me....I dont know of any places where street rodders meet on Friday night....I guess we could meet up at a restaurant or something.....Why dont those of us meeting up in Austin send each other cell phone #'s or something so when you guys get here we can hook up....

------------------
98 Nascar Truck Owner
Superchip,WMS Racing Air Tube, 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust, Hellwig Rear Antisway bar:Email- tohigh4you@aol.com
New Project Car: 1991 Firebird Formula 5.7L w/Paxton Supercharger

Old 10-12-1999, 08:42 PM
Banned
Cool

Just to let y'all know about Sat. night when we go to the "Car Show" in Round Rock.
I just talked to a buddy of mine who has owned several "Old Hot Rods" & used to be a regular there on Sat. nights. He advised that if we want to get a good location since there will prob. be 15-20+ of us, that we should "Get there" at 6pm so we can all park together & be where we want to be.
He said that's when people start rolling in !
Just thought y'all would want to know this.

Ok, I'm getting ready to go out to the garage now & wax some more of the truck & hopefully get a wheel or 2 polished ! Just got back from a "Free" professional fuel injector cleaning by a buddy at a dealership & now I have to clean off all the "Potent Cleaner" that got sprayed on the paint when the hose was being hooked up & popped off..
Leave it to the "Pros" ! Jeesh ... But it does runs smoother w/better response !!
Only 36K on the truck too !

I'll check back in a couple hours when I come in !

------------------
Sean in Texas
https://www.f150online.com/features/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/7936

Old 10-12-1999, 08:53 PM
Just a quick update, we're gonna be there this weekend if it kills me! I can take the drive, but the racing the next day at FFW was gonna be pushing it.

Lightning rides, $25.00 ea., helps pay for all that expensive rubber ;-). (just kidding)

Davensa and Mumbly have exemptions from the fee for all of thier hard work.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning
CD Changer, Tow Pkg., Lojack, Superchip, G-Tech/Pro, SnugLid, BedRug, Invinca-Shield, full kit, NOS KIT installed, but not tested yet, Clear Lexan fog light covers, 3M Ti Window Tint, Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory), PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper), American Auto Designs ram air hood - in transit, Cal-Tracks traction bars

Old 10-12-1999, 09:41 PM
Banned
Cool Wyldman. I will trade you a ride for a ride.

Old 10-12-1999, 09:51 PM
Damn truck is still at the shop, hell i might need a ride.....they said for sure tomorrow......going by on duty, maybe a glock in the ear will hurry them up....Just kidding...For 1300 versus 1900 quote fromt the other shop i can be #%&^*(!^$^#%$#^%$ patient.............
OK i plan.....plan..plan...on being at the motel 6 by 5pm on Friday...that number is 512-339-6161.
my pager is 210-650-7099 digital/voice
mobile is 210-416-1285 should be on if i remember when i leave San Antonio....
Man i hope i get my truck back tomorrow..so it will give me time to clean her up...Dave

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside, 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels w/ 265 scorpions,all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift will be on by oct 11 (TODAY) I HOPE!!!

San Antonio

Old 10-12-1999, 10:08 PM
Banned
Hey all Mudder, Myself and Hopefully Steve will be there hopefully about 3:00. My Pager number is 1 800 209 9531. If anyone is looking for me at the hotel just ask for Royden "Buck" High's room.

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 10-12-1999).]

Old 10-13-1999, 01:20 AM
Talking

Hey when you guys get into town on Friday give me a shout on my cell(512-699-5646) and maybe we can figure out what everyone wants to do....I drove by the car show thing last Saturday night and it was packed so you guys should have a really good time at that Whataburger....By the way....Its the exit for FM 1325.....so when you get to that exit in North Austin you will see the Whataburger parking lot....
john

------------------
98 Nascar Truck Owner
Superchip,WMS Racing Air Tube, 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust, Hellwig Rear Antisway bar:Email- tohigh4you@aol.com
New Project Car: 1991 Firebird Formula 5.7L w/Paxton Supercharger

Old 10-13-1999, 02:09 AM
Banned
Alright ! I see the board is lighting up w/more posts about this weekend !

As I have been trying to exchange cell phone #'s w/y'all & have w/some, I guess since several of you have put yours up here I will too.

I'm already "Here in Austin", well, Round Rock actually, so feel free to give me a ring.

My cell. is 512-917-2470 I will have to work until 4 or 5 pm on friday, but then I'm heading home until I hear from one of you & I'm back out the door.

Davensa, I sure hope they finish your truck in time ! I know how that police brutality thing works ! LOL... actually I have friends on the force in APD, Travis & Williamson Co. & Tx. DPS

Mike H., hope you can make it too ! If you have a cell. phone too, just give me a call & I'll tell you where we are, or, if you are getting into town about 6pm & are coming 290 to I-35, go north on I-35 up into Round Rock (approx. 10+ min.) & I believe you exit at the 1st exit "past" FM 1325. Go through the light staying on the access road & you will see all the cars/trucks right there on your right !

Wyldman, $25 a ride huh ? In need of some $$ for your tires ? How about $50 to drive it for 1/2 an hour ? ;-)

Well, I got 2 wheels polished, 1 Stainless Nerf, chrome duals & my chrome differential cover. Guess I'll finish the other nerf, wheels & billet grilles tomorrow ! My fingers are raw & cracked from that impregnated cotton by Extreme, don't know how much more I can take ?!!!

By the Way... The "Giveaway Prizes" that Roger Lemere has been so kind to donate & ship to us Just for this "First Texas Rally" should be being delivered to my office tomorrow or thursday !!! Once again they are a pair of "Front Clear Corner Lenses" & a pair of "Super Whites" headlight bulbs !
You can see them @ the store at https://www.f150online.com/store/index.html
Don't forget to check it out when in need of some "goodies" ! It helps Steve E. keep this site going !

See y'all soon !

------------------
Sean in Texas

https://www.f150online.com/features/index.html http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/7936

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 10-13-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 10-13-1999).]

Old 10-13-1999, 09:15 AM
$50.00 for a half hour?! That would bring you back to Houston.

To drive the Black Beast it will require:

$200.00/.5 hr., and a deposit of your first born child (male or female, no discrimination here), and a contract signed in blood (preferably yours, no fair tapping the first born).

I should be leaving Friday at about 15:30 for Austin. My cell phone can be reached at (713) 416-4308.

I made some dyno pulls yesterday and found that with the 80 hp shot of nitrous, I am making 404.5 hp AT THE TIRES! Corrected crank hp came out to 494 hp. I can smell the 500 hp mark, headers maybe?

The Beast is definitly an E ticket ride....

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning
CD Changer, Tow Pkg., Lojack, Superchip, G-Tech/Pro, SnugLid, BedRug, Invinca-Shield, full kit, NOS KIT installed, but not tested yet, Clear Lexan fog light covers, 3M Ti Window Tint, Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory), PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper), American Auto Designs ram air hood - in transit, Cal-Tracs traction bars

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 10-14-1999).]

Old 10-13-1999, 10:45 AM
Just thought I'd check in. I'll be there for sure. My cell is 210.860.1670 and its always on. Davensa, sure hope that truck gets done on time. I think showing up all official-lookin might just do the trick. Give me a call Thurs or Fri and let me know what time you want to roll out from SA.

Old 10-13-1999, 04:57 PM
Cool

i will try to call the motel or some of your cell #'s either friday night or saturday. still don't know if i have to work, but i't almost a definate. if it wasn't for that i would supply the bar-b-q! my cell it 751-3228. can't wait to meet youse guys.

later, the gunman

------------------
97 f150,4.6,auto,tow,3.55ls,mpc,helwig,k&n,westin nerf,s&w.

Old 10-13-1999, 05:19 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

We'll be lookin' forward to meetin' ya too Darren !

Hope ya don't have to work ! Love to eat some BBQ, but we can still do that !! Love that BBQ !!

& don't forget this...

pssst... Call in SICK !

------------------
Sean in Texas https://www.f150online.com/features/index.html http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/7936

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 10-14-1999).]

Old 10-13-1999, 08:34 PM
Promises-Promises.....Truck is still not finished...something about them not having the right shocks...had to over night them, again.....but they really rally promised it tomorrow....only hold up is shocks now.........oh well..nothing i can do, but pray tonight.....I will be there in my truck.....if i have to carry it...
Dave

Old 10-14-1999, 12:22 AM
OK..will do Nathan....they promised it Will for real be done at 1500 today.....I told them Im bringing my tools if its not...haha
No it will be done today..almost finsihed yesterday.....Got all the cell numbers down also...
Nathan if we leave about 13:00 we should beat all that traffic and get there about the same time as Mumbly & Mudder, if we go the speed limit....ok we will get there early....
Dave

[This message has been edited by DAVENSA (edited 10-13-1999).]

Quick Reply: Texas Rally Part Two