New Group Buy on Troyer Performance Custom tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who pushed me?

Off the fence? Thanks Mike!

I've been sitting on the fence for a while on this decision, now with the great price and the tax refund, I'm in!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello All,

First - As we mentioned at the beginning of this thread in our very first post, those who want details will need to call us - due to time constraints we can't type out detailed individual replies , especially with all that is going on in getting our new shop ready right now - it's really crazy, so thanks in advance for everyone's understanding & cooperation on that.

Just in general - for the 1996-2003 F-150's, like that gentleman's 4.2 V6 who asked about intake kits, as long as you use a *quality* intake kit (and MAC ranks pretty low on that list overall, as they serve the "low end" of the market in all their products - so make sure to check it out thoroughly for proper fitment & ZERO air leaks), that generally does not significantly alter the A/F ratios - again, as long as it's a quality intake kit and is installed properly so that there are no air leaks, everything seals up properly, etc.

Now on the 2004 & newer F-150 trucks, an intake kit it IS a big deal, and generally leans them out significantly - but not in the case of the 1996-2003 F-150's, as they have a traditional mass airflow meter.

With regards to the cut-off date for this Group Buy, where a few people were asking for at least a week's notice before it ended - so we've decided that the cut-off date will be February 24th, which is a Friday.

So please make sure your orders are in by no later than 6 pm on Friday the 24th (6 pm Eastern time is when we close). Now if there is anyone who is on a military-style payday, meaning being paid twice a month (typically on the 1st & the 15th of each month), and cannot get in this Group Buy with your 15th mid-month payday - we will work with you on that. Also, remember that your credit card is NOT charged until we have actually completed your tuning and we're ready to ship your order out - we do NOT charge your card when we take your order! So it will be a couple of weeks from the time you place your order to the time it actually ships, and thus you have that much time before your credit card is charged.

One last thing - we are just now finishing another update to our datalogging instructions to help explain in a bit more detail for those who have the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) vehicles, like the 2004 & up 5.4 3V F-150's, for example - where they have a few parameters that show up with slightly different names than what we have traditionally listed and had in the 2003 & earlier F-150's - so anyone who needs those newer docs please just shoot us an email to: sales@troyerperformance.com

In that email please state your name, so we can verify that you have ordered our custom tuning, along with your request for the latest datalogging instructions (which we will start distributing tomorrow) and we will get those out to you via email in a file attachment so that all of you who have ordered can have all the latest & easiest info on that.

I think that takes care of the outstanding questions, & as always, thanks for your support!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Hello Mike.

I didn't think I would be able to afford a tuner this year because in addition to the hefty car payments I now have for the Lightning, I ended up buying a winter beater to preserve the Lightning (that was money I could have spent on performance), my house is demanding I spend some bucks on it and my POS Toshiba lap top (that I use with Auto tap) is in need of some serious help ($$$). You know I've got the mod bug though. I'm finding it hard to pass up saving some money on this tuner.

The Lightning will be parked till winter is over so I wouldn't make it to a dyno till spring. So if I enter in this group buy I will be able to get some improvement and pay for upgrades when I can get to a dyno? You probably don't remember but I talked with you shortly after I bought the Lightning about some mods that the previous owner did. I worked out the issues with the dealership and the truck is basicly stock now. After all I went through with my '98 it's hard to not have at least some sort of tuning.

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Tom,

It's great to see you again!

For those who may not know "wittom," he is a long-standing member of F-150 Online who has come to some of our rallys, and has helped out a lot of members here.

I'm tickled pink you got your Lightning - sorry to hear it's basically back to stock, and yes, I can certainly understand the need to modify it - heck, you were there when I decided to by my Lightning, the same day that we bought Anita her first daily driver F-150!

We'll be happy to work with you on this, no problem, so you can get done whatever you need. Just give us a call whenever you get a chance & we'll take care of you, of course.

I remember very well all the work you did on your last F-150, between all the modifications including a supercharger - and over time, we can take your Lightning to any level of performance you desire. It can take a LOT of power gain and still live on it's stock motor when it's done right - my 2001 Lightning runs low 11's on it's stock motor, all external bolt-ons, and I still have it - in fact, by now it may hold the record for the longest I've ever owned the same vehicle! Of course, we've added a few others to our stable of vehicles, but Anita says she'll shoot me if I ever get rid of the Lightning.

Thanks for dropping by, & feel free to call us any time, we'll work with you on whatever your situation is, as always!

Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Ok...one more group of rookie questions.

I notice you get your choice of 1 of 3 custom tunes.

I'm assuming this is the 87, 91, 93 tunes correct?

What about the towing tune that I've read about...is that a 4th option?

If I wanted to run 93 octane and had the 87 tune is that a problem?

Does the unit support backing up the original tune prior to updating to a new one?

Can the unit hold multiple tunes should I decide to buy a 93 tune later on?

Ok I'm done....thanks to anyone who can answer.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You pick 3 custom tunes of your choice to suit your needs. I have an 87-Max, 93-Tow and 93-Max. All three are loaded into my XCal2 and whichever one I want to run, I load. The XCal2 also saves my stock tune in case I need to put it back to stock for service at the dealership. It takes about 8 minutes to switch from one tune to another and you can switch as often as need be

Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
You pick 3 custom tunes of your choice to suit your needs. I have an 87-Max, 93-Tow and 93-Max. All three are loaded into my XCal2 and whichever one I want to run, I load. The XCal2 also saves my stock tune in case I need to put it back to stock for service at the dealership. It takes about 8 minutes to switch from one tune to another and you can switch as often as need be
I see that now...reading is fundamental

Do you know of a 87 tow tune? I guess I should just call them.

Thanks for your reply

Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, you can get an 87-Tow if you want

Old 02-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Well Mike has great timing, I know where part of my tax refund is going! Just sent back my papers, and also ordered an Air Force One intake, can't wait for them to come in.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:50 PM
i have one question can i order this and then within the next 2-3 months i will be doing a lightning swap so can i get an upgraded tune with that new supercharger.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Well, the wife is going to kill me, but after lurking here for a few months, I have to take advantage of this!

Old 02-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Everyone,

Let's see if I can get these questions handled roughly in order.........

3 is simply the total number of different tunes - among them can be performance *and* towing tunes, as well as tune for different levels of octane. The most popular configuration tends to be 87 octane performance, premium gas towing, and then premium gas performance - just for example - so I hope that gives you a better feel for that.

Next - For Deviant - sure, we can tune your vehicle for it's present configuration right now, and then when you do other significant modifications later on that would require different tuning, we can simply retune it again later on. there would be a fee for that of course, but it is significantly less than another new tuner, and is based strictly on just how much work we';ll actually have to do - so a lot of people have us tune their normally aspirated vehicles now, and then when they add a blower later on, we retune it for the blower later on when they add it.

Last - Almost all of us have those "Vice-Presidents of Internal Finance" we have to answer to, myself included. And for many of us, we're lucky to have them, as if we didn't, we'd probably have wicked-fast vehicles - but we might not have as nice a roof (or maybe no roof at all) to put them under!!

Thanks everyone for your support, & talk to you soon!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 02-20-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Flash Update - Group Buy Extended!

Hello Everyone!!

Due to the large number of requests we are getting from those who are waiting on tax refund checks, etc,, we have decided to extend our Group Buy on our Troyer Performance custom tuning.

This Group Buy was supposed to end tomorrow, Friday the 24th of February, at 6 pm - however, we need your input on just how long to extend it.

Here's what we're thinking so far -

Perhaps extending it 1 week, meaning it would end at 6 pm on Friday March the 3rd.

OR...........

Perhaps extending it 2 weeks, meaning it would end at 6 pm on Friday, March the 10th.

We would appreciate your input on this, so that we can include as many of you as possible - we don't want to see those waiting on tax refunds not being able to get in on this great deal.

One last reminder - nobody's credit card is charged until we have actually COMPLETED your tuning and we are actually shipping it out the door - so it will be a couple of weeks from the tie you provide us with your info until your tuning is actually done and thus you have that additional amount of time before a credit card would actually be charged - I only mention this because for some, that makes the difference.

Thanks once again for all your support, & we look forward to getting your feedback on how long to extend this to best serve you!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Mike,

March 10th would be perfect for me!

Some friends of mine who own F150s and I are looking at it and a couple other performance mods. (Considering efans, under-drive pulleys, and intake) This would impact the type tune we request and such. Some of us, (myself included) are still weighing the positives and negatives of some of those performance upgrades.

March 10 would allow me to budget for what upgrades I can do, and decide on which ones I'd like to do.

This would allow us all to finish deciding which way we want to go with it.

Thanks again,

Duke

Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 PM
i just ordered one with a set of fans.

Mark, whom I spoke with had the nerve to advise me to read the instructions on the fan install before starting with it. Never heard of such foolishness. Read the instructions, I'm still chuckling at that one.

Quick Reply: New Group Buy on Troyer Performance Custom tuning!