New Group Buy on Troyer Performance Custom tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

OK, in order:

Rock Krusher - yes, we have been wanting to do exactly that, but had problems with 2 different companies and this went on a back burner - so I suggest taking a copy of our logo from our web site, and use that as a starting point, and then please work with us on final design. If this works, and we cna get a decent price, we'll buy them to have them on hand for people who want them from your supplier, if it's a company that can do the job right for the 2004 & up F-150 windshield. Probably the best thing to do is to just give me a quick call so we cna go over this, as I want to make this as easy as possible for you, and thanks very much for your wanting to do that windshield banner, we appreciate your support!

mw1063 - we haven't decided yet, as we wanted to allow as many people as possible to get in on it - so we have no yet come up with a closing date. The smart tip is to order as soon as possible.

vadar716 & Quinton - yes, it is well worth it even for bone stock trucks, as the power & performance gains are larger than with any of-the-shelf product, and the tuning far more thorough, with better driveability - it's the best way to go, hands down. We do not need to change anything if you add a cat-back exhaust later on, but on 2004 & up 5.4 3V F-150 we WILL need to make changes if you do an intake kit, so most people work with us on a combo deal to do the intake & tuning at the same time. Otherwise, we can simply update your tuning for a small fee (which is handled on a case-by-case basis, and we cannot quote that kind of pricing here anyway due to the vendor rules of F-150 Online, so this requires a phone call to us) if you do the intake kit later on. The 1992 Mustang would not be included for an XCalibrator 2, as it has no OBD-II port, it's too old - and also it's an EEC-IV PCM, so it cannot be easily datalogged via mail order. However, if the car is stock or lightly modified, we could do a Group Buy pricing on our custom tuning in a traditional chip, so you will need to call us to see about that for your 1992 Mustang - we will do our best to accommodate you, and yes, the gains are worthwhile. Also, no, I personally would NOT have Ford do any reflash to the truck, generally speaking that should be avoided, with very few rare exceptions (like very early 2004's have a reflash that does fix the outside temperature display, that one is worth doing on early 2004's), as they rarely actually fix problems, and only create you not knowing what's inside the PCM - so we have to send you a device to read the PCM, which then has to be sent back to us, so you would have just a very small shipping cost to have us do that - if you do decide to have them reflash you, we will be happy to work with you on that so that we'll know just what they put in the PCM, just let us know that you have them reflash you when you call in your order & we'll make it happen, no problem!

F-150 Duke - the reality is that in 90% of the US, you can get 3 pulls with A/F on a dyno for $75 on average, maybe $100 - so realistically, anyone who can afford to own one & modify these vehicles can afford to have the A/F's tested. That being said, you'll be happy to know that we do describe an alternate way to get that info, though it's not quite as accurate, in our datalogging docs - it is intended for those who literally do not have a dyno facility within 100 miles, but we want as many people to be able to take advantage of this as possible, so we will work with you on this if need be.

I think that covers things for now, so let's see if we can create some buzz on this & make it a great Group Buy!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 02-01-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was another one of those "on the fence" about a tuner. Other than a K&N drop in my truck is bone stock and I really don't have any complaints about the power. However, I just couldn't pass this deal up and can't wait to see what the truck will do with good tunes.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Mike -

I purchased my SC2 from you awhile back (probably a year ago). Have you come up with any new "tune configuration" recently that may be worth an "upgrade" on programming from you?

You programmed
5.4, 35" Tires, Airaid Intake, SIDO Magnaflow exhaust.

My truck runs "ok" now, but with the buzz around about the edge comparisons to the SC2...it sounds like edge might be a bit up on the SC2. What are your opinions on this, and any suggestions on improvments to my current SC2 setups?

Thanks.

Casey Visocsky
Duluth, MN

Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey Mike,

I'll make some calls around my area for dynos and see what they will charge me. If I can I can squeeze it in under or at $100 then I should be ok, but either way this will have to wait till next week for a decision until I see what happens with my rust issues.

How long with this offer be good?
EDIT: Just say that you have yet to determine, I'll run this risk and have to wait till next week.

Thank you,

Duke

Old 02-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Mike. Can you please give us a week notice before shutting this down. I am defenitely wanting to do this but have to wait to February for the money. I am about to put dual exhaust the on the truck and next months money can go the tuner. Please let me know. I really appriciate what you are doing for us as members.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I was on the fence on weather or not to buy a turner, but this group buy seems like a good reason to get one now. I do have a few questions first I have 1998 F150 4.2 V6 Auto. The only mods I have are a MAC intake system and I am planning on adding a Gibson Super Truck Exhaust. From what I have read it seems it dooes not matter when I get the exhaust because there is no extra tuning involved, but with the MAC intake will I need my Air/Fuel ratio or can you tune it without any extra information. My other question is what are tune options? Do you do different tunes for performance and towing? I would of course want a tune for performance, but I used my truck to haul a great deal of weight in the bed (never pull a trailer) could I just use a tow tune for that or would you do something different for hauling things in the bed?

Old 02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
The group buy pushed me off the fence....I called them first thing this morning and I'm just about to head off to Kinko's to fax in my paperwork....can' wait!!!!

FYI to everyone...I did a baseline dyno run last week and I'll do another once I get the Troyer tune!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Hey Mike, i'm with 150Lariat2000, please give us at least a week notice that your closing this down!! I've been saving my money for a tuner and i'm about halfway there, just a couple more paychecks and you'll be getting a call.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I went and did it! Put my money down and orderd the XCal 2 and the AirAid intake! It was a really great experience working with the folks at Troyer Performance! Can't wait!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Story of my life. I order and two weeks later there's a group buy.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by FritoBandito
Story of my life. I order and two weeks later there's a group buy.

Did yours ship yet? If not, you'll still get the group buy price.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Rock Krusher
Did yours ship yet? If not, you'll still get the group buy price.
I totally missed that! Nope. Mine hasnt' shipped. You know, that's just about as good as waking up thinking you had to go to school and realizing it's Saturday! Thanks dude! I believe this calls for some line dancing nanas!

Old 02-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Sorry guys, I must have missed the closing date of this.

When is it all done???

Mike, I want one. The only question (hopefully its not a repeat) I have an Roush offroad exhaust and I'm interested in getting a Volant CAI(just don't have the money for that, hopefully soon). Can you tune for that in the future?
I mean can you give me a tune for the Volant and a tune without???

Thanks Mike

Old 02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
NIIICE! I just ordered mine. I had to convince myself that I dont need to pay some bills this month so I dont miss this deal. I have a friend with a chebby that needs a beating and this should do the trick.

I plan to order 87 performance, 91 tow, and 91 performance...

Old 02-03-2006, 10:39 PM
the reality is that in 90% of the US, you can get 3 pulls with A/F on a dyno for $75 on average, maybe $100
Atlanta GA chimes in at $175 at Team Ford of Marietta

Quick Reply: New Group Buy on Troyer Performance Custom tuning!