PT Cruiser for Wife

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool PT Cruiser for Wife

Just bought a new 01 PT Cruiser in shale green for momma on Friday. She's out cruising everyday since she got it, she wanted one since they came out and her lease on a Mazda Protege was up. We priced Mazdas, Hondas, Toyotas and Focus but with Chryslers 0% financing for 4 years we were able to afford a more expensive car with the same payments as the others. Gotta say it rides well and is much quieter than the Protege, Civics, etc. Not as peppy but still able to cruise comfortably at highway speeds. Looks like my honey-do list is gonna be real short this winter , and if mommas happy,everybodies happy

Old 10-28-2001, 10:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my parents got one for a third car. the back seats is big! neat car for 20K. another 20 to 30 h.p. when my parent got theirs they had to pay 3k over sticker or wait 4 months. what are they selling for now?

Old 10-28-2001, 11:30 PM
Hi Dave, not sure what they are selling for in the states but in Ont, Can I paid 24 grand which is about 1200 under sticker price then they added cruise which it didn't have. The 0% helps but 24 canadian works out to about 8 american eh! Most dealers have a few in the lot but they are all willing to check inventory and bring one in from another dealer if they don't have what you want. No waiting now, take care.

Old 10-30-2001, 07:12 PM
Cool

BROTHERDAVE,

I ordered one of those last year to use as a daily driver. I looked all over Calif. before I could find a dealer who would order below sticker. Then, after 6 months Chrysler cancelled my order and told me I would have to re-order a 2002.

After that, I just passed on the car and bought my Toy. The PT is a great looking car, but they just made it too hard to get. Now, they are all over the lots here, so I imagine you can get a pretty good deal on one. To late for me, but you guys enjoy!

Old 10-31-2001, 02:21 AM
Bob, how's that Prius? Isn't that the hybrid?

When I first saw the PT Cruiser, I thought it was a neat car. Thought the same thing about the new VW. Glad I didn't buy either 'cause around here, they're both "chick" cars.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:42 PM
Cool

Hey Dennis,

Yes, the Prius is a hybrid. Strange little car, but it gets 46-48 mpg without breaking a sweat. For a daily driver, it can't be beat.

I've heard that Ford may be using the same or a similar system in a year or two in the Escape. I think it will make a very interesting off-road vehicle. The electric motors have tons of torque.

Around here, Sacramento, it appears the PT's are mostly driven by middle-aged people, not "chicks". Since that's what I am, it looked like a perfect fit.

Old 10-31-2001, 11:06 PM
Cool

I have to agree with F150Bob, in my area most cruisers are owned by middleage people. We did look at the new Protege5 and similar vehicles but the wife was sold on the PT and what mama wants mama gets.

Old 10-31-2001, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those P.T. Cruisers are nice little cars. Who cares if lots of chicks drive them. If I had one I would have to add a Turbo or Supercharger though. Needs alot more power from what I hear.

Old 11-01-2001, 12:26 PM
my g/f was looking at one for awhile but she was surprised at how rough the ride was and how small it looked next to trucks
i thought it was a pretty neat car. got one here in town with a faux hood scoop and flames. looks pretty cool

Old 11-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
THE CAR IS WHAT IT IS. it is a $20k four cylinder car. there are a bunch of 20k 4 cylinder cars on the road but this one gets more attention than most. as i said the back seat is big and @ around 3100 lbs it is smaller than our trucks but it is not a little bitty car.
i would rather drive the pt than a mini van or a honda civic, (not that there is anything wrong with them)

Old 11-01-2001, 02:51 PM
easy there big guy, i didn't mean anything bad about the car. as i said i think it's a neat car. also i agree with you, i'd much rather drive a pt then a mini van

Quick Reply: PT Cruiser for Wife