Thoughts on new vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Sweet looking rig -- well done.....

Love those rims -- I wonder if the back-spacing and lug pattern would allow them to be used on the '08 Taurus I am looking to buy?
Good question, since made off same chassis I would say the odds are in your favor.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice purchase.

Glad to hear you didn't consider the Focus. Ok car and nice looking but definitely built for small people/women. Girlfriend has a 2012 hatch SEL and every time i'm in it I can't help but comment what a POS it is and how uncomfortable I am in it

I have a 2003 Cavalier for a DD, 2007 F-150 that was my DD and is now garage space taken up ( but there when I sort of need a truck ), and a 2000 Trans Am WS6 I drive every day after work for fun. I'm going on a 4th car next week with the intentions to replace my Cavalier with it, a 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged. I want a 30mpg capable car with speed when requested at a non break the bank cost. I always go to GM for performance. My opinions on Ford performance have always been low. Until recently. I would love a '13/'14 Mustang GT for a DD. I enjoy my cars but I can certainly say more room would be nice lol!

Old 07-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Nice purchase.

Glad to hear you didn't consider the Focus. Ok car and nice looking but definitely built for small people/women. Girlfriend has a 2012 hatch SEL and every time i'm in it I can't help but comment what a POS it is and how uncomfortable I am in it

I have a 2003 Cavalier for a DD, 2007 F-150 that was my DD and is now garage space taken up ( but there when I sort of need a truck ), and a 2000 Trans Am WS6 I drive every day after work for fun. I'm going on a 4th car next week with the intentions to replace my Cavalier with it, a 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged. I want a 30mpg capable car with speed when requested at a non break the bank cost. I always go to GM for performance. My opinions on Ford performance have always been low. Until recently. I would love a '13/'14 Mustang GT for a DD. I enjoy my cars but I can certainly say more room would be nice lol!
More here https://www.f150online.com/forums/ge...-new-ride.html. Have it tuned now and it's fun to drive especially for something with 3rd row seats. Don't have exact numbers but running 0-60 in mid to low 5 second mark right now. I think I get some spark blow out if I spool too much before launching, I just need to regap plugs. Is that Cobalt pretty quick?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
More here https://www.f150online.com/forums/ge...-new-ride.html. Have it tuned now and it's fun to drive especially for something with 3rd row seats. Don't have exact numbers but running 0-60 in mid to low 5 second mark right now. I think I get some spark blow out if I spool too much before launching, I just need to regap plugs. Is that Cobalt pretty quick?
Sounds good, has me interested and I will check out the thread.

Should be. My buddy has a similar 2005 cobalt and it's peppy. Left my cavalier in the dust ( 150 horse so not hard to do ). Those Cobalt SS cars were 205 horsepower stock, 230 with the GM stage 2 kit which this car has. This car also has a spec stage 2 clutch, longtubes header, catless downpipe, OEM catback, custom intake, custom tuned. I'm thinking it's around 250 or 260 horsepower as it sits. In 2008/2010 GM turbocharged them and they put out 260 horse so this car is right up there with 100 horse more than my Cavy haha.

Just a fun, better looking, better built, safer, and faster budget DD.

Last edited by DarrenWS6; 07-20-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on new vehicle