He ran into me, and I never saw him...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had estimate done this morning. They will be repairing and straightening the front fender, replacing both the door skins, which I figured is what they would do. Repair the cab behind the rear door where it was creased and bent, and repair the dent in the lower section of the bed, in front of the rear wheel well. They will have the truck 12-14 days. Estimate for the repair is $4,167.00. I will be getting a rental from Enterprise. Used Enterprise before when I had a scratch repair on the passenger side rear door. Only hiccup may be, because the passenger front window was scrapping when I rolled it down, there may be more extensive damage. That will be dealt with if that is the case. So there it is......

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-06-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of luck and hope they get you back on the road looking as good as new My inlaws just got their Tahoe back from a deer that came out and clipped the driver corner then spun around into the rear door and ran off leaving about the same amount in damages.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Unhappy

Well, yesterday I was outside looking the truck over again. Sobbing, crying, stomping my feet like a eight year old having a temper tantrum, you know, the usual... Actually I was bored, not much on the tube, wanted to go for a ride. This is when I usually grab the California Duster, or the Spray and Wipe and have at it. Didn't feel much like doing it thou. But, I opened the door and decided to at least clean the door jams, lubricate the weather stripping. I had just done it in the fall but figured what the hay. Wasn't much to do, a little road dust. Took all of five minutes to do the driver side. Then I move over to the passenger side and start at the front door. That's when I seen the buckling in the door frame and paint peeling. Oh Boy......front door isn't as bad as the back door, but will surely need repair. I'm afraid that the back door may need a bit more than a skin....
First three pics are front passenger door, next two are rear passenger door.

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-08-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear the bad luck, hope it all gets fixed. Are you sure it was a deer you hit and not one of those dam Sasquatch. You said it ran away and you never got a good look.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Sorry for the bad luck!

Looks like you're needing two new doors. Once the door reinforcement beam structure is compromised there isn't a way to repair/replace, other than hanging a whole new door on the truck.

Its also possible you have damage on the cab where the hinges and or striker mount the door to the body.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Wink

Yea, ain't it something how things start to cascade once it gets rollin'? And you know if it was a sasquatch, I better go back over to the body shop and ****** those hairs out of the door. Evidence! "Here comes the RANT"....Sorry:
The rental company gave me a '15 Tahoe LT. That thing is awful. At the body shop last week, as I was leaving I said I would call the rental company to make arrangements. The guy said not to worry, we'll take care of everything. Your rental will be here ready to go when you drop off your truck. I specified that I wanted/needed a truck. So, I get there yesterday morning and guess what? No rental. No explanation. They call the local Enterprise for them to come and get me. 45 mins. later I'm at their local office. First they tried to put me in a Toyota "Something too da*n small". No trucks available. They call around and find a Ram 1500 at another office. It will be there later in the afternoon, and they will call me when it is ready. But I need a ride home. So I go out and take a look at the Tahoe. They will switch it out later. Wow, yes, it really was that bad. Once I shut the door I couldn't get to the seat controls. Other than a Ford Fusion, this is the second most uncomfortable thing I've ever driven. Once I was on the road, the thing rode like a Go Kart on a bad pair of Struts (Do Go Karts have struts? Lol). I kept pressing the gas, waiting for the power. I guess I'm just used to that good ole Ford 6.2. The Trans shifts, "one second pause" then power continues. Trans shifts "Two second pause" then power continues........Any way, you get the idea. They called me late yesterday to say they had the Ram. I asked if it had Power Seats? I need power seats for the adjustability (Back issues). No Power Seats. So the search continues......... "Rant temporarily over".

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-11-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Time to call another car rental company IMO! If your insurance company objects to that then it's time to find a new Ins company. They owe it to you to put you into something comparable to what you had and what you've been paying coverage for.

My 2 cents worth.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Red face

So, no luck with a rental truck. I simply want a truck with a Power Seat. That's all. I called the rental company again, and they still say no go on a truck with a power seat. So I took the crappy Tahoe back. I'm done with it. They had six trucks on the lot when I got there. All Dodges and one '15 Ford. Non with Power Seats. So I decided to forgo the rental. And.......the body shop calls me yesterday morning to ask me about the Shurtrax in the bed of the truck. Asked me what it was? I said it was a weight device that is filled with water to add ballast for additional traction in snow, etc. I asked Why? He said.... We need permission to empty it and take it out because we need to remove the Bed from the truck so we can repair the Cab Damage. Uh Oh, I guess the estimate just went up....

Old 02-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A good body shop should be able to hook you up just fine. Be thankful that your not driving the new Alcoa Aluminum trucks $$$$$!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow -- you're kind of a picky SOB when it comes to rental vehicles, aren't you......

Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Totaled? due to amount of damage or cost?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:24 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I don't see where he has said it's totaled.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by glc
I don't see where he has said it's totaled.
Its a question.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Wink

Nothing has been mentioned about the possibility of being totaled. Original estimate was in the $4,200.00 range. Just for kicks and giggles I did a search on the trucks current resale value. The site's vary, but the range for her is in the $28,000-$32,000 zone. That's for an '11 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 with the 6.2, and all the options I have. I love my truck. I special ordered her in Oct. of 2010. I can't see her being totaled. Yea, you're right. I am particular about a rental, Lol.....The last two times I had minor repairs I got a truck, with power seats from Enterprise with no issue. They even searched near by offices to hook me up. I need a truck because there is no current "Car" large enough for me to comfortably fit in. I tried the Tahoe and that was as bad as Ford Fusion (You ever get into one of those, Lol). I'm 6'2" (or I use to be when I was a Yut), I'm about 305lbs., and I have back issues. I need the room and adjustability of the seat.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 AM
Wink

Something called Autowatch, I think nationwide has it set up with their network of repair facilities I guess. The Body shop sends me pics of the truck as they do the repair. So here's the progress. At first I was told that the door skins would be replaced. But when I dropped the truck off, they then eluded that the "Doors" would be replaced. So it looks like they went on the truck early in the process. The windshield will be replace by a Glass installer once the body work is complete. My policy is "OEM", so it better be a Ford windshield......

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-20-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: He ran into me, and I never saw him...