Blasteroids Virus/How do I get rid of it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
That's cool, -haven't even opened up the book about the computer in the MKS yet. Just not interested. I liked it better when they all had carburetors personally. Love that back-up camera tho, it held me back from assaulting a turtle once.

My kid did that along time ago it seams. Time flys, thanks for reminding me, -I have a pick of that somewhere lol,-

She's calmed down some, still in school, but still gets crazy every now and again..Keeps her from goin insane I expect. Good Kid Tho, for the most part lol.

Sucks about that 71..He'll like the 390. That's what I had in the old farm truck and was animal.. It would sure tear up the pastures and it had me in much trouble at times. If that truck could talk..many experiences in that old thing. It's still parked where I left it up north a ways. That was a 75.

Well, the comp (laptop) denied the dual core 3.06 chip..so did the mac mini. Guess I'm stuck with it for now. So that's it for the upgrades, guess I'll have to get a new one I can take apart. It's actually cheaper than what I just did, - just not as fun.

Last edited by jbrew; 08-09-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, I did some pretty crazy and dumb things when I was a teenager too and my Dad still reminds of them and I'm 50 years old now! Yet, he would still toss me the keys to his vehicles when I needed transportation.. (like when my vehicle was not running at the time)

I learned to drive in the 71, so it holds a special place in my heart.. It's a "Custom" with the "Camper Special" suspension. Vinyl seats, vinyl floor mat, no power steering, no AC, no nothing! Even still has the original split rim wheels and last set of tires he put on it 20 years ago or longer.. He went to get new tires for it and they said it would cost more to replace just the tires for the split rim than to buy new steel wheels AND tires for it.. So it has stock 16" steel wheels and new tubeless radial tires on it now!

Dad and I swapped the original 390 sometime in the mid 80's over a weekend. He got it from the local Ford Dealer and we installed it.. Only like 2 or 3 wires to the firewall and a few bolts... Easy, peasy!

It was basically 'retired' at that point, so today, it only had less then 20,000 miles on it..

He said it didn't freeze, but just a flaw in the block from day one, but just decided to split after all these years. He said the freeze plugs looked brand new on the inside. All nice green AF came out, no hint of rust, etc..

I think it's got 4.10 gears in it.. Never really looked and it has no tach, but it does rev with the C6 at hwy speed and maxes out at around 90 mph (tested that out when I was a teenager... )

Thanks for the refresh on the mud pick... That's classic and I'm sure will get retold many, many times!

Mitch

Old 08-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by MitchF150
Yeah, I did some pretty crazy and dumb things when I was a teenager too and my Dad still reminds of them and I'm 50 years old now! Yet, he would still toss me the keys to his vehicles when I needed transportation.. (like when my vehicle was not running at the time)
Actually, same here, well pretty close. - 50 about 5 months ago, yep, still have that 1964 Michigan license plate my dad gave me. Which just made me believe that I was conceived in a vehicle....although, I never asked him and really never been able to pin-point which one. It had to be a Ford no doubt. Dad passed at 49 unfortunately (Mercury poisoning, BAD fish) and mom get's sort of embarrassed about such things. Sorry to bore you with that dilemma or anyone else following this ridicules thread lol.
Originally Posted by MitchF150
I learned to drive in the 71, so it holds a special place in my heart.. It's a "Custom" with the "Camper Special" suspension. Vinyl seats, vinyl floor mat, no power steering, no AC, no nothing! Even still has the original split rim wheels and last set of tires he put on it 20 years ago or longer.. He went to get new tires for it and they said it would cost more to replace just the tires for the split rim than to buy new steel wheels AND tires for it.. So it has stock 16" steel wheels and new tubeless radial tires on it now!

Dad and I swapped the original 390 sometime in the mid 80's over a weekend. He got it from the local Ford Dealer and we installed it.. Only like 2 or 3 wires to the firewall and a few bolts... Easy, peasy!

It was basically 'retired' at that point, so today, it only had less then 20,000 miles on it..

He said it didn't freeze, but just a flaw in the block from day one, but just decided to split after all these years. He said the freeze plugs looked brand new on the inside. All nice green AF came out, no hint of rust, etc..

I think it's got 4.10 gears in it.. Never really looked and it has no tach, but it does rev with the C6 at hwy speed and maxes out at around 90 mph (tested that out when I was a teenager... )

Thanks for the refresh on the mud pick... That's classic and I'm sure will get retold many, many times!

Mitch
I believe I learn to drive when I could toch the peddles, can't recall exactly when but it was after 3 or 4 years after 69, since it was my chore to plow the snow. Which was great on those cold days, -the kubota didn't have a cab, -a loader bucket though. Yea the was a 69 F250 HD. I say HD because dad bought the truck with big tires on it, not sure but I think they were 33's and had a big plow suck frame underneath. it Nice truck, had a 360 in it though, everything on the floor, so plenty of power. Yea, that was the farm truck until about 77, when dads 75 became mine, which became the new farm truck until I was of age... boy was that truck tuff!.

Rattling on so I'll try to cut this shorter lol. Cool story about you dads truck, well except for the cracked block, (think I said that already). More importantly, it's the memory's (childhood, father & son) of that part of our lives we treasure most.

Oh, can't forget the stories we have in our arsenals from that point in time (I'm leaving allot out lol). Little do they know, I have two daughters that always bring back memorys of that life. They keep me laughing most of the time.

Later Mitch!

Old 08-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
My kid did that along time ago it seams. Time flys, thanks for reminding me, -I have a pick of that somewhere lol,-

She's calmed down some, still in school, but still gets crazy every now and again..Keeps her from goin insane I expect. Good Kid Tho, for the most part lol.
That pic is great!

Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM

Yea, goofy kid. She might get upset at me posting that one. Ahh well, who cares, but here's a couple graduation pics.. from the wallet lol,-

Old 08-11-2014, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Crash!
Go to www.majorgeeks.com and search (On the left side halfway down). Download Spybot Search and Destroy. They have everything from malware to developer tools. When in doubt, choose a CNET download

It will scan and immunize all files on your computer to prevent future infections. MSE and Spybot. This from a systems analyst. And it works.
Good site, I've been a member for awhile. Have MSE and correct, Spybot is a good one, it's been around for quite awhile...In order MSE, LSD, SSD for my SSD

I got rid of the virus.

I probably should download it, thanks for the info.

Last edited by jbrew; 08-11-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would've just thrown the computer in the trash. It would give me the excuse I need to build another one.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by AndersonS
I would've just thrown the computer in the trash. It would give me the excuse I need to build another one.
Could of, still might. Guess I need more ambition or interest. Perhaps a better excuse ? I bet it's all that....- balled up like an explosive knot.

Quick Reply: Blasteroids Virus/How do I get rid of it?